Thursday, September 16, 2010

Butterflies With Bling

I decided to make a card using the Flight of the Butterfly (p. 102) set. I hadn't made a card with this set for awhile, and decided to get it out. I love how the butterflies can be punched out with the Butterfly XL punch (p. 202). The colors look a little different in the picture than the actual card, but you get the idea.

I stamped the small butterfly and the outlined butterfly all over the Daffodil Delight card stock using the same color ink. I then stamped the butterflies on scraps of card stock (Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, & Old Olive), using the same color of ink as the card stock. I then punched out the butterflies. I put the adhesive on the center of the butterflies only so I could raise the wings up a little bit. I also put on rhinestones from the Basic Rhinestones Jewels (p. 188) pack. There are three long strips of little rhinestones in the pack (along with others). I cut the strips to the size I needed (4 rhinestones) and attached them to the center of the butterflies. I really like the bling!


Stamps: Flight of the Butterfly

Ink: Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Old Olive, & Basic Black Classic ink pads

Paper: Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, & Old Olive card stock

Accessories: Eyelet Border Punch, Butterfly XL Punch, Basic Rhinestone Jewels








Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails