• 1
    Card Ideas
    Need some card inspiration? Here are the cards I've made over the years.
    See My Cards
  • 2
    3-D Projects
    Want to make a 3-D Project? I've made treat bags, boxes, home decor, and more!
    See My 3-D Projects
  • 3
    My Videos
    Do you like video tutorials? I've got some, and I hope you enjoy them!
    See My Videos
Welcome!
Hi, my name is Christy Fulk, and I'm so glad you're here! I love sharing my papercraft creations with you, and teaching you how to be creative yourself! I hope I can teach you some new, fun stuff while you're here. We'll have a lot of fun!
Earn Free Stuff When You Order From Me!
Learn How

My Latest Stampin' Up! Cards

My Latest Blog Posts

It's My Favorite Reindeer - Dasher!

I love the look of this Dasher stamp (p. 20). I just love his antlers, don't you? I stamped the snowflakes from the Level One Hostess set, Northern Hearts (p. 4 in the Holiday Mini), onto the Cherry Cobbler card using VersaMark ink. I ran the Always Artichoke card stock through the Big Shot using the Petals-A-Plenty Impressions Folder (p. 214). I then attached a strip of Early Espresso satin ribbon (p. 191) across the top. Then, I attached it to the bottom of the card.

I made the strip on the tag by punching the bottom edge of the Always Artichoke piece with the Scallop Trim Border punch (p. 200). I then added the Cherry Cobbler strip and then the Victoria Crochet Trim (p. 190). I attached it to the bottom part of a piece of Very Vanilla card stock. I threaded a piece of Linen Thread (p. 190) into the Deck the Halls Big Designer Button (p. 17 in the Mini), and tied it in a knot. The button is attached to the strip with 2 Mini Glue Dots.

I inked Dasher with an Early Espresso ink pad and then removed the ink from the parts of the antlers that I wanted red using a Blender Pen. Once I got the ink off, I inked these parts with a Cherry Cobbler marker. Then, I stamped him above the card stock strip.

The "Merry Christmas" from the Christmas Greetings set (p. 44) is one long stamp. I wanted the Merry to be above Christmas, so I inked "Christmas" with the Cherry Cobbler marker and stamped it on a scrap of Very Vanilla. I cleaned the stamp, inked "Merry" with the marker and stamped it above "Christmas" using the Stamp-a-ma-jig (p. 198). I then punched it out with the 1-3/4" x 7/8" Oval L Punch (p. 202), layered onto an Always Artichoke oval punched out with the Scallop Oval XL punch (p. 200).

Have you ever tried to make a tag from a piece of card stock without a punch? It's so hard to get both corners even, isn't it? Here's a trick I learned a long time ago. The picture above shows you what I did. I first cut the top, left corner off. I then took the cut-off triangle, flipped it over, attached it to the top, right corner, and cut it off. I colored the edges of the triangle just so you could see it better in the picture.

I wanted to have a layer under the tag, and thought I'd see if doing the same thing to the corners would work. It did. The Early Espresso piece is an 1/8" larger both ways (width and height) I then attached the same cut-off triangle from the vanilla tag and attached it to each corner of the Early Espresso piece. You can see how in the above and bottom picture. Super easy!

I then attached the tag to the card, slanting it a bit. I added the Antique Brad (p. 187) after putting the tag on the card. I attached the oval greeting on with two Stampin' Dimensionals.

Stamps: Dasher, Christmas Greetings, & Northern Hearts (Level One Hostess set in Mini)

Ink:
Early Espresso and Cherry Cobbler Classic ink pads; Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write Marker; VersaMark ink pad

Paper:
Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Early Espresso, & Very Vanilla card stock

Accessories:
Blender Pen, Deck the Halls Big Designer Buttons (Mini), Linen Thread, Scallop Trim Border Punch, 1-3/4" x 7/8" Oval L Punch, Scallop Oval XL Punch, Antique Brads, Big Shot Die-Cut Machine, Petals-A-Plenty Impressions Folder, Early Espresso 5/8" Satin Ribbon, Victoria Crochet Trim, Stampin' Dimensionals, & Mini Glue Dots.












Comments

  1. Your blog is beautiful! Very Christmas-y. I also love this card. It's my pick of the day on my face book page
    www.facebook.com/stampinupwithkelly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment