• 1
    Card Ideas
    Need some card inspiration? Here are the cards I've made over the years.
    See My Cards
  • 2
    3-D Projects
    Want to make a 3-D Project? I've made treat bags, boxes, home decor, and more!
    See My 3-D Projects
  • 3
    My Videos
    Do you like video tutorials? I've got some, and I hope you enjoy them!
    See My Videos
Welcome!
Hi, my name is Christy Fulk, and I'm so glad you're here! I love sharing my papercraft creations with you, and teaching you how to be creative yourself! I hope I can teach you some new, fun stuff while you're here. We'll have a lot of fun!
Earn Free Stuff When You Order From Me!
Learn How

My Latest Stampin' Up! Cards

My Latest Blog Posts

Sneak Peek of a New Hostess Set

I hope you're all enjoying your weekend so far.  It's a beautiful day here in Central Indiana!  I used this week's color and card sketch challenges over at SCS (splitcoaststampers.com).  The color sketch is CC328, and the card sketch is SC338.  I love learning new color combos that include one of my favorite SU! colors, Cherry Cobbler, and this is a good one.

The stamp sets that I used on this card are both hostess sets.  The greeting is from the Love & Care set (p. 5 in the Summer Mini) and the main stamp set is called Simply Soft.  The Simply Soft set is a new hostess set in the new Idea Book & Catalog beginning July 1st.  Stampin' Up! has some GORGEOUS hostess sets this year, and they've also changed the hostess benefits!  I believe that you'll LOVE the new benefits!  They're even better than before!  Be one of the first to earn free stuff from the new 2011-2012 Idea Book & Catalog and get your new catalog free by booking a workshop in July!  Just EMAIL ME, and I'll get you scheduled!  I do card workshops, scrapbook workshops, & a combination of both.  The hostess chooses the one she wants.

The big scallop circle was made with my Big Shot (p. 204) and the Scallop Circle Bigz die (p 207).  I cut the inner circle with my Circle Scissor Plus (p. 199).  I set the dial at 3-3/4", and cut.  I stamped the lined flower images with Night of Navy ink, the petals with Cherry Cobbler ink, and colored the stem in with a Crumb Cake marker.  The "splatter" effect on the circle was done with the same Crumb Cake marker and the Color Spritzer Tool (p. 195).  The texture on the Cherry Cobbler layer was made by running the card stock through my Big Shot with the Finial Press Impressions Folder (p. 214). 

The bow was made with a 8-9" piece of Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon (carry-over from the Occasions Mini, & in the new catalog in July).  It's called a Faux Bow, and I learned it from a VIDEO that Dawn Olchefske made.  You should really check it out!  It's the easiest way I've seen to make a perfect bow!  The brad I used for the center is an Antique Brad (p. 187).



Stamps:  Simply Soft (Sneak Peek hostess set) & Love & Care (Level Two Hostess set in Mini)

Ink:  Night of Navy & Cherry Cobbler Classic ink pads; Crumb Cake Stampin' Write Marker

Paper:  Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, Crumb Cake, & Naturals White Card Stock

Accessories:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, Finial Press Impressions Folder, Scallop Circle Bigz Die, Circle Scissors Plus, Color Spritzer Tool, Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon, Antique Brads, & Crop-A-Dile








Comments

  1. I love your card! Very nice. I live in Indy (near Greenwood) and you are right - it is so gorgeous out. We are heading downtown to walk the canal. I am a S/U consultant too. I'm obsessed. . .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment