Monday, October 3, 2011

My Son's Birthday Card

Last week my youngest child turned 16 years old!  Boy, that makes me feel old!  Today's card is the card I made him for his birthday.  I CASEd it from THIS CARD.  As you can see, I did make a few changes. 

This stamp set, The Open Sea, was in the Summer Mini.  I have great news and bad news.  This wonderful set is still available to order!  The designer paper, sadly, is not.  I sponged the blue DSP with Early Espresso ink after tearing it.  I also crinkled up the compass and the journal layer.  I sponged the compass with Early Espresso ink.  After tearing the journal layer, I sponged it with Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy, and Cherry Cobbler ink.

I inked the ship stamp with Cherry Cobber & Not Quite Navy Stampin' Write Markers.  After stamping it, I brushed a Blender Pen (p. 203) over the stamped image to spread some of the ink over the open spaces in the image.  This gave a red tint to the sails, and gave the water different shades of blue.  I then sponged it with Early Espresso ink, and layered onto Early Espresso and Cherry Cobbler card stock.

I also wanted a vintage look to the Cherry Cobbler/White Baker's Twine (p. 194), so I sponged it with Early Espresso ink after attaching it to the card.  The greeting stamp comes from the hostess set, Happiest Birthday Wishes (p. 10).  I stamped it on DSP with Early Espresso ink, and punched it out with the Decorative Label Punch (p. 209).  I then attached it to the bottom of the ship piece.  The ship and compass pieces were attached with Stampin' Dimensionals (p. 206).


Stamps:  The Open Sea & Happiest Birthday Wishes (hostess)

Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Not Quite Navy, & Early Espresso Classic Ink Pads; Cherry Cobbler & Not Quite Navy Stampin' Write Markers

Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy, & Naturals White card stock; Nautical Expedition DSP (no longer available)

Accessories:  Cherry Cobbler/White Baker's Twine, 1-3/8" & 1-1/4" Circle Punches, Decorative Label Punch, Blender Pens, Vintage Trinkets, Stamping Sponges, & Stampin' Dimensionals



Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails