Friday, October 12, 2012

Ornament Keepsakes CPC16

I finally got to make a card just for the fun of it!  I've really missed posting cards I've made that aren't for a class!  I used this month's great Craft Project Central sketch, CPC16.
 
The ornament comes from the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set (p. 3) in the Holiday Catalog.  I stamped it four times with Cherry Cobbler and More Mustard ink onto Very Vanilla card stock.  I die-cut them using the coordinating Holiday Ornaments Framelits (p. 3), also from the Holiday Catalog.  I scored each of the ornaments in half, and folded them up.  I then glued the back of each half to the back half of another ornament until all four ornaments were glued together to make a 3-D ornament.  It's the first time I've done this, and I really like it!  The ornament can be flattened to be put in an envelope, too.
 
I attached a piece of designer paper from the Festival of Prints DSP Stack (p. 20 -Holiday Catty) onto a piece of Early Espresso card stock.  I then attached a piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock that I die-cut with the third smallest Window Frames Collection Framelits die (p. 30 - Holiday Catalog) to the center of the DSP.  I then attached a piece of Cherry Cobbler 3-1/2" Scalloped Tulle Ribbon (p. 4 - Holiday catty) vertically onto the piece and another one horizontally.  I stamped the greeting from the Greetings of the Season set (p. 8 - Holiday Catalog) in VersaMark ink (p. 159), and then heat embossed with Gold emboss powder (p. 159).  I attached the whole thing to the Cherry Cobbler card base.
 
I die-cut another Window Frame from Early Espresso card stock with the second from the smallest die in the set.  Then, I embossed the piece with the Petals-A-Plenty Impressions Folder (p. 189).  I put a Stampin' Dimensional (p. 177) onto the back of each corner of the piece, and attached it over the ribbon, and centered over the Cherry Cobbler Window Frame.  I then flattened one of the ornaments out, and attached it to the center of the Early Espresso Window Frame.  I put a strip of pearls from the Pearl Basic Jewels (p. 175) onto the top of the ornament to make the string for the ornament to "hang" from.  The last thing I did was to tie a single knot into another piece of Cherry Cobber Scalloped Tulle, and attach it to the top of the ornament with two Glue Dots (p. 177).
 
 
 

Stamps:  Ornament Keepsakes & Greetings of the Season sets
 
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler Classic ink pad, VersaMark pad, and More Mustard Stampin' Write marker
 
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, and Very Vanilla card stock, Festival of Prints DSP pack
 
Accessories:  Big Shot die-cutting machine, Window Frames Collection Framelits, Holiday Ornaments Framelits, Petals-a-Plenty Impressions Folder, Cherry Cobbler 3-1/2" Scalloped Tulle Ribbon, Pearl Basic Jewels, Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Heat Tool, Gold EP, Embossing Buddy, 2-Way Glue Pen, Stampin' Dimensionals, & Glue Dots









Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails