Thursday, June 20, 2013

The Open Sea Father's Day Card

I've got one more Father's Day card to show you.  This is the one that I made my dad.  It's a Triple Time Card.  Dawn Olchefske has made a great video tutorial on this kind of card, and you can find it HERE.
 
I first stamped the ship from The Open Sea stamp set (p. 101) onto the small piece of Very Vanilla card stock in Midnight Muse ink.  I then stamped the greeting from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set (p. 44) to the right of the ship in the same ink.  Then, I layered the three Very Vanilla layers together as shown in Dawn's video.  I stamped the globe and the compass stamps from The Open Sea set in Baked Brown Sugar ink all over the three layers.  I then stamped the anchor from the same set all over the three layers with Soft Suede ink.
 
Before I took the three Very Vanilla layers apart, I ran them through the Big Shot (p. 184) with the Square Lattice embossing folder (p. 191).  I used no tabs on the Multipurpose Platform to accommodate the thickness of the three layers.  After taking them apart, I sponged the edges of all three layers with Soft Suede ink.  I attached the large layer to the Midnight Muse card base. 
 
After attaching the other two Very Vanilla layers to their Midnight Muse mats, I attached them to each other.  I then wrapped a piece of Natural 7/16" Trim (p. 173) around the two layers, attaching the trim ends to the back.  I then tied a piece of Linen Thread (p. 173) to a Naturals Designer Button (p. 169), and then attached it to the ribbon with Glue Dots (p. 174).  Lastly, I attached the whole thing to the center of the large layer on the card with Stampin' Dimensionals (p. 175) 
 
 
Stamps:  The Open Sea and Teeny Tiny Wishes

Ink:  Midnight Muse, Soft Suede, and Baked Brown Sugar Classic pads

Paper:  Midnight Muse and Very Vanilla card stock

Accessories:  Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder, Natural 7/16" Trim, Naturals Designer Buttons, Linen Thread, Stampin' Dimensionals, and Glue Dots


 
 
Post a Comment
Related Posts with Thumbnails