• 1
    Card Ideas
    Need some card inspiration? Here are the cards I've made over the years.
    See My Cards
  • 2
    3-D Projects
    Want to make a 3-D Project? I've made treat bags, boxes, home decor, and more!
    See My 3-D Projects
  • 3
    My Videos
    Do you like video tutorials? I've got some, and I hope you enjoy them!
    See My Videos
Welcome!
Hi, my name is Christy Fulk, and I'm so glad you're here! I love sharing my papercraft creations with you, and teaching you how to be creative yourself! I hope I can teach you some new, fun stuff while you're here. We'll have a lot of fun!
Earn Free Stuff When You Order From Me!
Learn How

My Latest Stampin' Up! Cards

My Latest Blog Posts

The Open Sea Father's Day Card

I've got one more Father's Day card to show you.  This is the one that I made my dad.  It's a Triple Time Card.  Dawn Olchefske has made a great video tutorial on this kind of card, and you can find it HERE.
 
I first stamped the ship from The Open Sea stamp set (p. 101) onto the small piece of Very Vanilla card stock in Midnight Muse ink.  I then stamped the greeting from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set (p. 44) to the right of the ship in the same ink.  Then, I layered the three Very Vanilla layers together as shown in Dawn's video.  I stamped the globe and the compass stamps from The Open Sea set in Baked Brown Sugar ink all over the three layers.  I then stamped the anchor from the same set all over the three layers with Soft Suede ink.
 
Before I took the three Very Vanilla layers apart, I ran them through the Big Shot (p. 184) with the Square Lattice embossing folder (p. 191).  I used no tabs on the Multipurpose Platform to accommodate the thickness of the three layers.  After taking them apart, I sponged the edges of all three layers with Soft Suede ink.  I attached the large layer to the Midnight Muse card base. 
 
After attaching the other two Very Vanilla layers to their Midnight Muse mats, I attached them to each other.  I then wrapped a piece of Natural 7/16" Trim (p. 173) around the two layers, attaching the trim ends to the back.  I then tied a piece of Linen Thread (p. 173) to a Naturals Designer Button (p. 169), and then attached it to the ribbon with Glue Dots (p. 174).  Lastly, I attached the whole thing to the center of the large layer on the card with Stampin' Dimensionals (p. 175) 
 
 
Stamps:  The Open Sea and Teeny Tiny Wishes

Ink:  Midnight Muse, Soft Suede, and Baked Brown Sugar Classic pads

Paper:  Midnight Muse and Very Vanilla card stock

Accessories:  Big Shot, Square Lattice embossing folder, Natural 7/16" Trim, Naturals Designer Buttons, Linen Thread, Stampin' Dimensionals, and Glue Dots


 
 

Comments

  1. This card is beautiful!! What did you use to attach the natural ribbon to the back of the card? I'm not always sure of the best adhesive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like my card, Barbara! I just used SNAIL adhesive on both ribbon ends. There are times the adhesive doesn't want to go directly onto the ribbon, so I'll put the adhesive on the back of the card stock where the ribbon will go, too. That usually holds it pretty good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment