• 1
    Card Ideas
    Need some card inspiration? Here are the cards I've made over the years.
    See My Cards
  • 2
    3-D Projects
    Want to make a 3-D Project? I've made treat bags, boxes, home decor, and more!
    See My 3-D Projects
  • 3
    My Videos
    Do you like video tutorials? I've got some, and I hope you enjoy them!
    See My Videos
Welcome!
Hi, my name is Christy Fulk, and I'm so glad you're here! I love sharing my papercraft creations with you, and teaching you how to be creative yourself! I hope I can teach you some new, fun stuff while you're here. We'll have a lot of fun!
Earn Free Stuff When You Order From Me!
Learn How

My Latest Stampin' Up! Cards

My Latest Blog Posts

Butterfly Basics Thank You Card


Today's card was one I made for a very special lady who's moving away. She has coordinated the scrapbooking events at my church for years, and I was asked to make a large card so we could all sign it at our annual scrapbooking retreat a few weeks ago. I had received this stamp set and thinlits the day I needed to make the card, so I just had to use them.

This card is made with a full sheet of 8-1/2" x 11" Blush Blossom cardstock. I folded it in half to make a 5-1/2' x 8-1/2" card. This is the first card of this size that I've made, and I really like how it turned out. If I had made this with the regular half sheet of cardstock, I probably would have used the smaller butterfly die.

The flower stamp in the Butterfly Basics stamp set was inked up with Blushing Bride and Crumb Cake Stampin' Write Markers, and stamped once on the right of a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock. I stamped the palm-like stamp with Pear Pizzazz ink. I stamped it twice on the left without re-inking, re-inked it, and stamped it once more the bottom right. I stamped the postage-type stamp onto the top with Crumb Cake ink, and stamped the smallest butterfly stamp onto the bottom, left with Blushing Bride ink. I then attached the Flowerpot Designer Series Paper (DSP). I then topped it off by wrapping a piece of Sahara Sand 7/8" Lace Trim across the top of the DSP, and attaching the trim ends to the back of the piece. I attached the piece to a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock, and then attached it to the center of the card base.

The butterfly was die-cut with the large butterfly die in the Butterflies Thinlits from Lost Lagoon cardstock, and the "thank you" was die-cut with the thanks and you dies from the Hello You Thinlits from Crumb Cake cardstock. I cut off the "s" from thanks before attaching the words with Transfer Adhesive Sheets. I used the dryer sheet/wax paper technique when die-cutting the butterfly. This technique makes it so easy to remove all of the little pieces out of the butterfly. If you haven't heard about this wonderful trick, check out Patty Bennett's video. I just used the wax paper for the words since there aren't a lot of little pieces that need to be removed. I also put adhesive onto the center of the butterfly using the Transfer Adhesive Sheets to attach it to the card. I only did the center so I could bend the wings up a little bit.


I also stamped the inside of the card. The "fabulous" stamp is from the Million & One stamp set, and I stamped it with Lost Lagoon ink. The "miss you" stamp is from the Really Good Greetings stamp set, and it was inked up with the Blushing Bride and Crumb Cake markers. The butterfly is the largest butterfly in the Butterfly Basics stamp set, and it was stamped with Pear Pizzazz ink.

Below is the complete supply list for this card. If you are reading this post from an email feed, you'll need to click on the post title to go to the actual post on my blog to see it. I've only included the bundles for the Butterfly Basics and Butterflies Thinlits. If you buy them as a bundle, you get 15% off. You can purchase them separately, and you can find them on the Occasions Catalog page at my Online Store.


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog