Happy Friday, everyone! I'm so glad this week is over! I've been super busy doing our taxes, helping our three college kids with their taxes, and filling out three FAFSA forms! I'm doing a happy dance, because I'm done! :)
Today's card is one that my Technique Club will be making. It was the card they were going to make last month, but weather made it impossible for us to meet. They're going to make it this month, along with another technique.
I've seen so many cards made with the Bokeh technique, and I just had to try it myself. It's such an easy technique, and I love the effect it gives. Here are the steps:
- Sponge a piece of Whisper White cardstock with two or three colors until completely covered. I used Hello Honey and Lost Lagoon ink.
- Punch four or five circles, all different sizes, out of a piece of window sheet. The size of window sheet I used was 3-1/2" x 2-3/4". The sizes of Circle Punches I used were 1-1/4", 1", 3/4", and 1/2". This makes a stencil for the circles needed for the technique.
- Lay the window sheet stencil on top of the sponged piece of cardstock.
- Using a Sponge Dauber, sponge Whisper White Craft ink onto the piece of cardstock, through the circles in the stencil. Move the stencil, and add more circles. Keep doing this until the desired look is achieved.
- Let the Whisper White ink dry, and then attach to your card. The ink can be dried faster with a Heat Tool.
I hope you try it yourself! It's so much fun! I'd love to see what you come up with! Just leave a comment with a link to your creation on this post. You can also leave it on my Facebook Page.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog