I made this card using this month's Creating Pretty Cards Sketch #48 over at Craft Project Central. If you play along, you could win a free month Craft Project Central subscription! A winner will be drawn for every 10 cards submitted. When a CPC designer, like me, submits a card, the card will be counted towards the "every 10 cards", but our names won't be in the drawing. I hope you'll play along!
This is the second card I've made with the wonderful set, Sprinkles of Life. CLICK HERE to see the first one I made. It's this year's Ronald McDonald House Charities stamp set. For every set sold, $3 will be donated to your local Ronald McDonald House. I'm really having a lot of fun with this stamp set and it's coordinating punch, Tree Builder Punch! I'm definitely going to be using them a lot!
- I attached the Crushed Curry DSP piece (from Cherry on Top DSP) to a strip of Watermelon Wonder Dotted Lace Trim, and then attached it to the left side of the Tip Top Taupe card base. I then attached the Bermuda Bay DSP piece.
- I stamped the flower bunch with a Memento Pad, and colored the flowers and leaves in with Bermuda Bay, Watermelon Wonder, Crushed Curry, and Cucumber Crush Stampin' Write Markers. Once it was colored, I punched it out with the Tree Builder Punch.
- I stamped the basket onto a piece of Tip Top Taupe cardstock with Tip Top Taupe ink. I then cut it out freehand. I then attached the bottom of the flower bunch piece to the top of the basket. Once the greeting piece was attached to the card, I attached the flower basket to the left side of it with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I made the banners by punching the right ends of the strips with the Banner Triple Punch. I then stamped the stems across the bottom of all three with Cucumber Crush ink. I stamped the small flower stamp onto the top of every other stem (see picture for colors). I then counted the number of stems that didn't have flowers, and stamped the same number of flowers onto the same color cardstock as the flowers already stamped. I also using the same ink. I punched them out with the Tree Builder Punch, and then attached them to the empty stems with Mini Glue Dots.
- I attached the smallest rhinestones from the Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the center of each punched out flower.
- The punched out flowers on the left end of the three banners were made by punching out scallop circles with the 7/8" Scallop Circle Punch. I cut between each scallop to make the flower petals, making sure to keep the center intact. I then punched out three circles from Crushed Curry cardstock using the 1/2" Circle Punch. I then attached these circles to the center of the flowers. I attached the flowers to the card with Mini Glue Dots. Once attached, I curled the petals up a bit.
- I punched out a butterfly from a piece of Crushed Curry cardstock with the Bitty Butterfly Punch. I then stamped the flower bunch stamp onto it with Crushed Curry ink. I then attached the butterfly to the top, right corner of the greeting layer with a Mini Glue Dot. I then attached a strip of 3 rhinestones to the center of the butterfly.
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog