I had a little too much fun making today's card! I've been wanting to make a pop-up card with the the Party Pop-Up Thinlits Dies, and I finally got to do it. I thought this month's Creating Pretty Cards Sketch #56 (CPC56) would be perfect for this card, and I was right! I really love how it turned out.
If you play along and make a card using this sketch, you could win a free month Craft Project Central subscription. CLICK HERE to find out how you can win!
Outside of the Card Instructions:
- The card base is a 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" piece of Mint Macaron Cardstock, folded in half.
- The designer series paper (DSP) layer is a 1" x 5-1/2" piece of Basic Black/Multi-colored confetti paper from the It's My Party DSP Stack. It is attached directly to the left-side of the card base, right along the fold.
- The ribbon on the card base is a 7" piece of Melon Mambo 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon. It is wrapped around the front of the card, right up against the edge of the DSP, and the ribbon ends are attached to the back of the card front.
- The "Happy Birthday" stamp from the Party Wishes Stamp Set is stamped on the bottom right corner of the card using the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad.
- The birthday cake stamp is inked with the Melon Mambo marker from the Brights Collection Stampin' Write Markers and the Sahara Sand marker from the Neutrals Collection Stampin' Write Markers, and then stamped onto a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock.The "A Party Without Cake..." stamp is stamped onto the center of the cake with the Memento Pad. The cake is then cut out with Paper Snips.
- The tag is made with a 2" x 3-1/2" piece of Whisper White Cardstock. One of the 2" sides is punched with the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch.
- The cake piece is then laid onto the tag where it needs to go (without attaching). Then the top of the cake is traced lightly with a pencil, and then the cake is taken off. The six-candle stamp is inked with the Mint Macaron marker from the 2015-2017 In Color Stampin' Write Markers and the Crushed Curry marker from the Regals Collection Stampin' Write Markers, and then stamped onto the top, center of the pencil line. Then, the pencil line needs to be erased.
- The cake is then attached to the tag, underneath the candles, using three Stampin' Dimensionals. Then, the tag is attached to the left-side of the card.
- The knot is made with a 4" piece of the same ribbon as before. This ribbon is tied into a single knot, and then attached to the top of the tag with a Mini Glue Dot.
- The balloon stamp is stamped onto a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock using the Crushed Curry Classic Stampin' Pad. The balloons are punched out with the balloon punch from the Party Punch Pack.
- The balloons are laid down where they need to go, and then the balloon strings are drawn on with Basic Black marker from the Neutrals Collection Stampin' Write Markers. Then, the balloon on the tag is attached with a Mini Glue Dot, and the other two balloons are attached with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Inside of the Card Instructions:
- The inside layer of the card is a 8-1/4" x 5-1/4" piece of Whisper White Cardstock folded in half.
- The "Happy Birthday" die from the Party Pop-Up Thinlits Dies is put onto the center of the piece, with the arrows in the die lined up with the fold in the cardstock. The piece is then ran through the Big Shot using the following layers (beginning from the bottom) - Magnetic Platform, standard cutting pad, cardstock, wax paper (at least as big as the die), the die, and then another standard cutting pad.
- The die-cut is then colored in with the Sahara Sand, Melon Mambo, and Crushed Curry markers used before. Tip: I put a scrap piece of paper under the die-cut part of the cardstock to keep from coloring the rest of the Whisper White layer. After coloring, refold the die-cut fold up into a "mountain" fold (keep the fold in the rest of the layer as a "valley fold".
- Attach the Whisper White layer to the inside of the card, making sure the fold of the layer is lined up with the fold in the Mint Macaron card base. Tip: Make sure to put adhesive completely around the die-cut opening of the Whisper White cardstock, along with the outside edges of the piece. This will keep the piece in place when the card is opened up with the pop-up.
- Six balloons are then stamped with the balloon stamp onto a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock - Two with the Melon Mambo Classic Stampin' Pad, two with the Crushed Curry Classic Stampin' Pad, and two with the Mint Macaron Classic Stampin' Pad. Then, they are punched out with the same balloon punch as before.
- The balloons are laid down where they need to go. The balloon string stamp is stamped under each balloon with the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad. Make sure to lift the balloon up before stamping the string. After stamping the six strings, attach each balloon to them with a Mini Glue Dot.