Ok, I can't believe the first three months of 2016 are almost over! Time just goes way too fast!
I seem to be making a lot of birthday cards here lately! Stampin' Up! has so many great birthday stamp sets right now, so it's easy to do! I used two Sale-A-Bration items on this one...Honeycomb Happiness and Perfect Pairings Stamp Sets. This card didn't take me long to make at all. It's very hard to see in the pictures, but I painted the balloons and the Tempting Turquoise on the end of the greeting banner with the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush. The glittery shine really makes this easy card more special. I think the picture that shows the glitter the best is the next one below, but it still doesn't do it justice.
There are only a little over 4 days left of Sale-A-Bration!
If there are still some Sale-A-Bration items you want, you'll need to place your qualifying order by next Thursday, March 31. For every $50 you spend on an order (before shipping & tax), you get one Free Sale-A-Bration item! It's really a great deal! The Sale-A-Bration items WILL NOT appear in any future catalogs, so this is your last chance to get them!
- Fold an 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" piece of Real Red Cardstock in half to form the card base.
- Emboss a 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" piece of Whisper White Cardstock by running it through the Big Shot with the Confetti Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
- Stamp the balloon stamp from the Honeycomb Happiness Stamp Set three times in the oval in the middle of the embossed Whisper White layer using the Basic Black Archival Stampin' Pad. Watercolor the balloons and bows using a Blender Pen and the following ink pads...Daffodil Delight, Real Red, & Tempting Turquoise Classic Stampin' Pads (refer to picture). Then, brush the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Pen over all three balloons.
- Attach the embossed/balloon layer to a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Basic Black Cardstock, and then attach it to the Real Red card base.
- Punch one end of a 4" x 1-1/2" piece of Daffodil Delight Cardstock and one end of a 4-1/4" x 1-1/2" piece of Tempting Turquoise Cardstock with the Banner Triple Punch. With the punched end on the right, stamp the "Happy Birthday" stamp from the Perfect Pairings Stamp Set onto the right side of the Daffodil Delight banner using the Basic Black Archival Stampin' Pad. Attach the Daffodil Delight banner to the Tempting Turquoise banner, lining the straight edges of both banners together.
- Put four Real Red dots from the Brights Candy Dots onto the left side of the banner. Paint the Tempting Turquoise banner end with the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush. Attach the banner underneath the balloons on the card, lining the straight, left edge of the banner with the left Whisper White edge.
If you qualify for a Sale-A-Bration item, you redeem them after adding your items to the shopping bag. Once all of your items are entered, look at the Special Offers box under the items list on the left. Click on the "Click Here" where it says "Congratulations! You qualify for 1 or more free Sale-A-Bration product(s) CLICK HERE" That's where you enter the SAB item you want.