• 1
    Card Ideas
    Need some card inspiration? Here are the cards I've made over the years.
    See My Cards
  • 2
    3-D Projects
    Want to make a 3-D Project? I've made treat bags, boxes, home decor, and more!
    See My 3-D Projects
  • 3
    My Videos
    Do you like video tutorials? I've got some, and I hope you enjoy them!
    See My Videos
Welcome!
Hi, my name is Christy Fulk, and I'm so glad you're here! I love sharing my papercraft creations with you, and teaching you how to be creative yourself! I hope I can teach you some new, fun stuff while you're here. We'll have a lot of fun!
Earn Free Stuff When You Order From Me!
Learn How

My Latest Stampin' Up! Cards

My Latest Blog Posts

Short & Sweet Saturday - Balloon Builders


It's Saturday, and that means another Short & Sweet Saturday card! Today's card uses this month's Creating Pretty Cards Sketch #57 over at Craft Project Central (CPC). This sketch is so versatile, and a quick and easy card can be made with it, as I'm showing you.

You could win a free month subscription to Craft Project Central if you play along! Post a card (using Stampin' Up! products only) to your blog or an online forum (ie Splitcoaststampers) using the sketch, and use the keyword CPC57 when posting it. Use the link tool, on the CPC57 post, to link to your card (not just your blog, but the actual post, please). If posting to your blog, please link back to Craft Project Central. Cards must be submitted by March 31. For every 10 cards submitted, a winner will be drawn. When a CPC designer submits a card, their name will not go into the drawing, but will count towards the 10! Your chances of winning are VERY good, and I hope you'll play along!

I decided to make this week's Short & Sweet Saturday a birthday card to also let you about a great "movement" that's going on at Stampin' Up! Shannon West, Demonstrator Training Manager at Stampin' Up! noticed that people don't give birthday cards out anymore. With Facebook and other social media, we all just give our "Happy Birthday" greetings there. She decided that wasn't right, and decided she wanted to bring birthdays back! This movement is called #imbringingbirthdaysback. You can find out what she decided to do by CLICKING HERE.

Sara Douglas, interim CEO of Stampin' Up!, asked Shannon how Stampin' Up! could help with her movement, and they decided to make a stamp for it. It became available last Tuesday, and sold out in about 4 hours! With this movement becoming so popular, they've decided to make more of the stamps! They will be available to purchase again beginning Monday, and it will stay long-term! I missed out the first go around, but I'll definitely be getting one next week! I'll be stamping it onto the back of my birthday cards and on the envelopes! Here's the image of the stamp.


Now back to my card. This card would be a perfect birthday card for the movement, because it can be mass produced in no time! See the complete instructions below.


Instructions:
  1. Fold an 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" piece of Crushed Curry Cardstock from the It's My Party Cardstock Pack in half to form the card base.
  2. Attach a 4" x 4" piece of Basic Black/multicolored confetti paper from the It's My Party Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack to the top of the card, making sure to center the top and sides of the DSP with the card base.
  3. Attach a 4" x 1-1/4" piece of Mint Macaron Cardstock from the same cardstock pack to the bottom of the card, making sure to center the bottom and sides of the cardstock with the card base. The DSP and the cardstock edges may not meet up perfectly, but that's ok. They'll be covered up later.
  4. Stamp the "Happy Birthday" stamp from the Balloon Builders Stamp Set onto a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock using the Melon Mambo Classic Stampin' Pad. Punch it out with the Washi Label Punch, and attach it to the bottom, right corner of the Mint Macaron layer. Put one large Crushed Curry enamel dot from the It's My Party Enamel Dots on each end of the label.
  5. Stamp the smallest, regular balloon stamp once with the Mint Macaron Classic Stampin' Pad, twice with the Crushed Curry Classic Stampin' Pad, and twice with the Melon Mambo Classic Stampin' Pad onto a 6" x 1-1/2" piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Punch all six balloons out with the smallest balloon in the Balloon Bouquet Punch.
  6. Attach the balloons across the bottom of the DSP layer and top of the cardstock layer. See pictures for placement.