Here is this week's Short & Sweet Saturday card. All of my Short & Sweet Saturday (S&SS) cards are quick and easy to make, so they're perfect if you need to make a card last minute. I always include complete instructions on how to make my Short & Sweet cards, too.
This week's S&SS card features the retiring stamp sets, Serene Silhouettes and Trust God. It also features the retiring Pretty Petals Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack, Pretty Petals Cardstock Pack, and Circles Collection Framelits Dies.
- Fold an 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" piece of Calypso Coral Cardstock from the Pretty Petals Cardstock Pack in half to form the card base.
- Stamp the "God Bless You" stamp from the Trust God Stamp Set onto the bottom right corner of a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock using the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad.
- With the flowers upright, insert the bottom, end of a 1-1/2" x 5-1/4" piece of Basic Black/ Calpyso Coral flower paper from the Pretty Petals DSP Stack into the Banner Triple Punch, and punch. It should fit into the middle guide of the punch. Punch an end of a 1-3/4 x 5-1/2" piece of Calypso Coral Cardstock with the same punch. This piece will need to be centered in the middle of the widest guide. Attach the DSP banner to the Calypso Coral banner, lining up the top short edge of both banners together. Attach this to the left side of the card lining up the top edges of the banner with the top edge of the Very Vanilla piece. Attach the whole thing to the card base.
- Ink up the bird/tree branch stamp from the Serene Silhouettes Stamp Set using the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad. Remove the black ink from the birds using a Blender Pen. Brush the Blender Pen across a bird, and draw onto a scrap piece of paper to remove the black ink from the pen. Keep doing this until all of the black ink is removed from all of the birds. Ink the birds up again using the Calypso Coral Marker from the Subtles Collection Stampin' Write Markers set. Huff onto the stamp to re-moisten the stamp, and then stamp it onto a 3" x 3" piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock. Die-cut the bird/tree branch image out with the #6 circle die (begin counting from the smallest die) from the Circles Collection Framelits Dies.
- Die-cut a circle out of a 3-1/2" x 3-1/2" piece of Old Olive Cardstock from the Pretty Petals Cardstock Pack using the #7 circle die from the same die set. Attach the bird/tree branch circle onto the Old Olive circle. Attach the circle to the top right of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Get a New 2016-2017 Annual Catalog Free From Me...Here's How!
Place at least a $50* order (before shipping & tax), AND use the hostess code BDEZ42BX at my ONLINE STORE by Friday, April 29, and I'll mail the new 2016-2017 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog to you for FREE in May!
*If your order is $150 or more (before shipping & tax) DO NOT use the hostess code. That way, you'll get the Stampin' Rewards. I'll still mail the new 2016-2017 Annual Catalog to you for FREE!
|Enter the hostess code on the shopping bag screen. You must enter the hostess code BDEZ42BX to get your free catalog.|
|Make sure to click the "Yes" box for the "Allow my demonstrator to contact me with order updates and other important information". If you don't, I won't have your information. If I don't have your information, I can't mail your free catalog to you.|