Here is this week's Short & Sweet Saturday card. All of my Short & Sweet Saturday cards are quick and easy to make, so they're perfect if you need to make a card last minute. I always include complete instructions on how to make my Short & Sweet cards, too.
Today's card is a perfect masculine card. I don't know about you, but I struggle with masculine cards, and I'm always so happy when I make one I like. This card features the stamp set, Wetlands.
- Fold a 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" piece of Tip Top Taupe Cardstock in half to form the card base.
- Emboss a 5-1/4" x 4" piece of Soft Sky Cardstock by running it through the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine with the World Traveler Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
- Attach a 5-1/4" x 1-1/2" piece of light, multi-color chevron paper from the Go Wild Designer Series Paper Pack across a 5-1/4" x 1-3/4" piece of Tip Top Taupe Cardstock. Then, attach the strip across the center of the Soft Sky layer on the card.
- Stamp the birds stamp from the Wetlands Stamp Set across the bottom of a 3-1/4" x 2-1/4" piece of Whisper White Cardstock using the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad. Stamp the "Thinking of You" stamp onto the top, right corner of the piece with the same Memento Pad.
- Sponge the area below the birds with a Sponge Dauber and the Tip Top Taupe Classic Stampin' Pad. Sponge the area above the birds with a Sponge Dauber and the Soft Sky Classic Stampin' Pad. Sponge around the greeting so the area behind it remains white. This makes it look like it's stamped in a cloud.
- Attach the stamped piece onto a 3-1/2" x 2-1/2" piece of Basic Black Cardstock. Then, attach it to the center of the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.