It's been a big day around here. Today is the Presidential Primary here in Indiana. Normally, the decision has already been made on who will be the candidate on both sides, because our primary is always so late. This time, however, our primary is super important!
The other big thing about today is that Stampin' Up! demonstrators get to order some new items from the upcoming 2016-2017 Annual Catalog! This may not be as important as the primary, but it sure is A LOT more fun! I got my order placed this morning, and can't wait to get my hands on my new goodies. When I do, I'll make projects with them as soon as I can, and get them posted to show you. This is going to be a GREAT catalog!
I finally got to make the wreath in my April Paper Pumpkin kit over the weekend, and I LOVE it! It's so pretty! When I was finished, I couldn't believe how many leftovers there were! I quickly made a Mother's Day card with some of the leftover leaves, one of the leftover tags, and the stamp set that came in the kit. There are still plenty more supplies leftover in the kit, so I'll try to come up with something else in the future.
Since the instructions for the wreath are included in the Paper Pumpkin kit, I won't give them here. I will, however, share the instructions for my card:
- Stamp one of the Basic Black tags from the April Paper Pumpkin kit with the "Happy Mother's Day" stamp from the kit's stamp set using the Very Vanilla Craft Stampin' Spot included in the kit. Set aside to let the ink dry.
- Fold an 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" piece of Crushed Curry Cardstock in half to form the card base.
- Stamp the flower stamp from the stamp set in the kit onto the center of a 3-1/2" x 4-3/4" piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock using the Crushed Curry Classic Stampin' Pad. Stamp the same flower on each side of the first flower, using the Blackberry Bliss Classic Stampin' Pad (retiring). These two flowers should also be a little lower than the Crushed Curry one.
- Draw a stem and two leaves onto each flower using the Mossy Meadow marker from the 2014-2016 In Color Stampin' Write Markers (retiring).
- Attach a 3-1/2" strip from one of the leaves strips in the Paper Pumpkin kit. Remove the paper backing from the adhesive on the leaves strip, and attach it to the bottom of the Very Vanilla layer. Attach the whole layer to the center of a 3-5/8" x 4-7/8" piece of Blackberry Bliss Cardstock (retiring), and then attach it to the center of the card base.
- Attach a large rhinestone from the Basic Rhinestone Jewels onto the center of each flower.
- Tie a 4" piece of Blackberry Bliss 5/8" Striped Cotton Ribbon (retiring) into a single knot. Trim the ribbon ends at an angle, Attach the ribbon to the top of the tag in Step 1 using a Mini Glue Dot. Attach the tag to the top of the card, at an angle, with Stampin' Dimensionals.