This is a VERY special weekend in the Fulk household. Today is my hubby's and my 27th wedding anniversary. It's been a wonderful 27 years...God has blessed us so much! Sunday is Mother's Day, but we have something else to celebrate tomorrow...our two daughters are graduating from college! We're so proud of them! Two down, one to go. Our son has about another year or so to go. I can't believe how fast the years have gone by!
Here is this week's Short & Sweet Saturday card. All of my Short & Sweet Saturday (S&SS) cards are quick and easy to make, so they're perfect if you need to make a card last minute. I always include complete instructions on how to make my Short & Sweet cards, too.
This week's S&SS card features these retiring items...For the New Two Stamp Set, Sahara Sand 7/8" Lace Trim, Antique Brads, and Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack. I thought it was appropriate to use this retiring stamp set to make a wedding card on our anniversary. :)
- Fold an 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" piece of Blushing Bride Cardstock in half to form the card base.
- Stamp the floral spray stamp from the For the New Two Stamp Set onto the top and bottom center of a 3-3/4" x 3-3/4" piece of Whisper White Cardstock using the Sahara Sand Classic Stampin' Pad. Then, stamp the floral sprays on the left and right of the piece, connecting the top and bottom sprays together. This makes the wreath.
- Stamp the "may today be the start..." stamp onto the bottom of a 4" x 5-1/4' piece of Sahara Sand Cardstock using the Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pad.
- Attach the wreath layer to the top of the Sahara Sand layer. Poke a hole directly below the Whisper White layer, and center it between the left and right side of the Sahara Sand layer using the Paper-Piercing Tool.
- Put the center of a 6" piece of Sahara Sand 7/8" Lace Trim in-between the prongs of an Antique Brad, and insert the brad into the hole in the Sahara Sand layer. Attach the brad by opening up the prongs on the back of the cardstock. Attach the ends of the lace trim to the back of the Sahara Sand layer. Then, attach the whole thing to the center of the card base.
- Punch out five flowers from a scrap piece of Blushing Bride Cardstock, using the flower punch in the Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack. Attach the flowers to the wreath as shown using Mini Glue Dots.
- Attach a large pearl from the Pearl Basic Jewels onto the center of each flower.