I finally got to play with some of my new goodies! I used the new catalog stamp sets, Swirly Bird and Thoughtful Banners. I also used the new Swirly Scribbles Thinlits and the Duet Banner Punch. The Swirly Bird set and the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits will be available as a bundle at 10% off, as well as the Thoughtful Banners set and the Duet Banners Punch. I also used all five of the new 2016-2018 In Colors...Dapper Denim, Emerald Envy, Flirty Flamingo, Peekaboo Peach, and Sweet Sugarplum.
I used this month's Creating Pretty Cards Sketch #59 (CPC59). If you play along, you could win a free month subscription to Craft Project Central (CPC)! For every ten cards submitted, CPC will pick one winner of a free month subscription to Craft Project Central! The winner(s) will get to select the month of their choice! If CPC project designers submit a card for your inspiration this month, they won’t be in the winner random-selection pool, but their cards will count towards the “for every 10 cards submitted" winner total. You must submit your card(s) using this sketch by May 31. Please read the "dos" and "don'ts" before making your card. You can find them by clicking the card sketch link above.
I thought the Swirly Scribbles dies would be perfect for this sketch. I really like how it turned out. The only thing that I needed to cut out freehand was the large, Flirty Flamingo flower in the middle. The rest of the images were either die-cut or punched out.
- Fold an 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" piece of Peekaboo Peach Cardstock in half to form the card base.
- Emboss a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of of Whisper White Cardstock by running it through the Big Shot using the Brick Wall Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Stamp the splatter stamp from the Swirly Bird Stamp Set across the Whisper White piece using the Peekaboo Peach Classic Stampin Pad, stamping two times before re-inking. Attach the piece to the center of the card base.
- Die-cut the largest, circular swirl die from the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits once from a 3" x 3" piece of Dapper Denim Cardstock. Attach it to the upper, center part of the Whisper White layer using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.
- Cut a 7" x 2-1/2" piece of Whisper White Cardstock. This will be the piece used to stamp all of the flowers and leaves. Stamp the largest swirly flower stamp (with the most lines) from the Swirly Birds Stamp Set once using the Flirty Flamingo Classic Stampin' Pad. Stamp the second smallest swirly flower stamp three times using the Sweet Sugarplum Classic Stampin' Pad. Stamp the smallest swirly flower stamp three times using the Peekaboo Peach pad. Stamp the largest leaf stamp three times and the smallest leaf stamp six times using the Emerald Envy Classic Stampin' Pad. Make sure to stamp the leaves onto a piece of scrap paper once, and then stamp onto the cardstock (stamp-off technique). Then, stamp the largest leaf-vein stamp onto the large leaves, and stamp the smallest leaf-vein stamp onto the small leaves using the Emerald Envy pad. Stamp directly onto the leaves without stamping off.
- Cut the largest flower out with Paper Snips. Die-cut the rest of the flowers and leaves using their coordinating dies in the Swirly Scribbles Thinlits.
- Attach the largest flower to the center of the Dapper Denim swirls using three Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Attach a small leaf to each of the three Peekaboo Peach flowers using Mini Glue Dots. Then, attach the flowers to the top, right corner of the large flower using Mini Glue Dots, as well (see pictures for placement).
- Attach two large leaves to the bottom, left corner of the large flower and the last one to the top, right corner using Mini Glue Dots. The bottom ends of the leaves should be tucked under the flower (see pictures for placement).
- Attach a small leaf to each of the three Sweet Sugarplum flowers using Mini Glue Dots. Then, attach them to the card with Mini Glue Dots, as well (see pictures for placement).
- Stamp the lined banner stamp from the Thoughtful Banners Stamp Set two times onto a 5-1/2" x 1-1/4" piece of Flirty Flamingo Cardstock using the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad. Stamp the "thank you" stamp onto the center of one of the banners using the same ink pad.
- Punch both of the banners out with the coordinating banner in the Duet Banner Punch. Cut the two striped ends off of the "thank you" banner, leaving only the center of it. Attach this center piece to the center of the other banner using Stampin' Dimensionals. This gives the banner a 3-D effect. Attach it to the bottom of the card using SNAIL Adhesive.
Note: The supplies list below only shows the items that are available to order now. Once the new catalog goes live, I'll add the new items.