Happy Monday, everyone! I'm sorry that I haven't been able to share any of my own creations for awhile. I even missed last Saturday's Short & Sweet Saturday card! I'll have one for you this Saturday!
I never shared the card I made my mom for Mother's Day. I CASEd it from a card Nancy Leedy made. I love the new Swirly Bird Stamp Set & Swirly Scribbles Thinlits! I've already made a few things with them, and plan to make a whole lot more! The greeting is from the And Many More Stamp Set, and it's retiring. The other retiring items I used is the Have a Cuppa Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack and the Large Oval Punch.
I didn't have time to make a second card, and I don't have this card anymore. I also forgot to write down the dimensions of everything. I'm pretty sure the dimensions I have listed below are correct, though.
|Inside of Card|
- Fold a 4-1/4" x 11" piece of Whisper White Thick Cardstock in half to form the card base.
- Attach a 3/4" x 5-1/2" piece of Wisteria Wonder/white heart paper from the Have a Cuppa DSP Stack onto each side of the card base.
- The flower layer is a 3-5/8" x 5-1/2" piece of Whisper White Cardstock. I stamped one of the largest swirl stamps (the one with with less negative space) from the Swirly Bird Stamp Set onto the lower, left side of the piece using the So Saffron Classic Stampin' Pad. I then stamped the bold, circular stamp above and right of the So Saffron swirl flower using the Wisteria Wonder Classic Stampin' Pad. I cleaned the stamp, and stamped it again, below and right of the So Saffron swirl flower using the Blushing Bride Classic Stampin' Pad.
- I stamped the splatter stamp using the Pear Pizzazz Classic Stampin' Pad. I stamped off before stamping it onto the cardstock. I stamped it this way a few more times until I got the desired affect.
- I die-cut the largest and smallest swirl dies from the Swirly Scibbles Thinlits Dies from a 3-1/4" x 3-1/4" piece of So Saffron Cardstock. The small swirl die fits perfectly in the center opening of the large swirl die, so you don't need a bigger piece of cardstock. I then die-cut the smallest swirl die from a 1-3/4" x 1-3/4" piece of Wisteria Wonder Cardstock and another one from a 1-3/4" x 1-3/4" piece of Blushing Bride Cardstock.
- I looped some Silver Metallic Thread, and laid it over the Wisteria Wonder image. I held the thread in place, and attached the Wisteria Wonder swirl over the thread and stamped image using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen. Repeat this step again with the Blushing Bride swirl.
- I attached the the large and small So Saffron swirls over the So Saffron image using Stampin' Dimensionals. I used little pieces from scraps around the perimeter of the full-size dimensionals. Cutting the full-size dimensionals in half will work, too.
- I die-cut the largest leaf die from a 4" x 1-1/2" piece of Wild Wasabi Cardstock (I had meant to use Pear Pizzazz cardstock, but picked up the wrong color, lol). I stamped the largest leaf vein stamp onto each leaf using the Pear Pizzazz ink pad. I then attached two leaves to both small swirl flowers (see pictures for placement).
- I stamped "the best mom ever" stamp from the And Many More Stamp Set onto a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock using the Wisteria Wonder ink pad. I punched it out with the Large Oval Punch, and attached it to the right side of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I attached four (1 large and 3 medium-sized) White Perfect Accents to the card. (I love how these look like water droplets on the white cardstock). See the picture below for placement.
- I attached the decorated white layer to a 3-3/4" x 5-1/2" piece of So Saffron Cardstock, and then attached the whole thing to the center of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I painted all three of the small swirls with the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush. It's hard to tell in the picture, but it really sets the card off.
- The inside of the card: I stamped the same So Saffron image as on the card front on the top, left corner of the inside of the card. I then stamped the second, smallest swirl stamp once on the top, right of the swirl flower, and stamped it twice on the bottom left using the Blushing Bride ink pad. I then stamped the largest leaf stamp once to the right of the top Blushing Bride flower using the Pear Pizzazz ink pad. I then stamped the smallest leaf stamp next to it on the right, using the same ink. I then stamped the smallest leaf stamp again twice, in-between the other two Blushing Bride flowers.
Note: The supplies list below only shows the items that are available to order now. Once the new catalog goes live, I'll add the new items.