I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. We celebrated our oldest daughter's birthday a couple days early yesterday. I can't believe our baby is going to be 25 years old tomorrow! I can't believe how fast the years have flown by! It seems like yesterday I was holding her in my arms after she was born. :)
The card above is a copy of the birthday card I made her. She loves purple, so I made hers with different shades of purple, instead of pinks. Actually, I wasn't sure which background I would like better with the purple flower, so I stamped the background twice...once with purple flowers and once with pink flowers. I decided on the purple flowers background, but I didn't want to throw the pretty pink one away. So, I made the thank you card above.
Her birthday card is below. The supply list at the end of this post and the card instructions below are for the card above. The supply list and instructions for the birthday card below are the same EXCEPT for:
- I used the Number of Years Stamp Set for the greeting
- The purple flowers use the Sweet Sugarplum Classic Stampin' Pad (flower base) and the Rich Razzleberry Classic Stampin' Pad (darker detail of flower).
- The card base is Rich Razzleberry Cardstock and the mat is Sweet Sugarplum Cardstock.
- The ribbon is the Sweet Sugarplum 3/8" Ruched Ribbon.
- Fold a 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" piece of Flirty Flamingo Cardstock in half to form the card base.
- Cut a 5-1/8" x 3-7/8" piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Stamp three larger flowers around the piece. The largest base petal stamp from the Bunch of Blossoms Stamp Set needs to be stamped four times for each flower, forming a "plus" sign. The stamp needs to be inked up with the Flirty Flamingo Classic Stampin' Pad, stamped onto a scrap piece of paper, and then stamped onto the Whisper White Cardstock. Then, stamp the largest detail petal stamp on top of each petal using the Flirty Flamingo ink pad (without stamping onto scrap paper). See pictures for placement.
- Stamp three smaller flowers around the piece. The smallest base petal stamp from the set needs to be stamped five times for each flower, forming a 5-petal flower. The stamp needs to be inked up with the Peekaboo Peach Classic Stampin' Pad, stamped onto a scrap piece of paper, and then stamped onto the Whisper White Cardstock. Then, stamp the smallest detail petal stamp on top of each petal using the Peekaboo Peach ink pad (without stamping onto scrap paper). See pictures for placement.
- Stamp larger leaves onto the flowers where they can fit, and smaller leaves where they can fit. They are stamped with two stamps like the flower petals. The base leaf stamp (both sizes) needs to be inked up with the Pear Pizzazz Classic Stampin' Pad, stamped onto a scrap piece of paper, and then stamped onto the Whisper White Cardstock. Then, stamp the detail leaf stamp (both sizes) directly on top of the leaves with the Pear Pizzazz ink pad (without stamping onto scrap paper). See pictures for placement.
- Stamp the largest flower center stamp onto the center of all of the flowers using the Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pad.
- Stamp the six-dotted stamp randomly around the piece using the Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad.
- Attach the stamped piece to a 5-1/4" x 4" piece of Peekaboo Peach Cardstock.
- Attach a 1" x 3-7/8" piece of Pear Pizzazz Cardstock on the left side of the stamped layer.
- Wrap a 6" piece of Sweet Sugarplum 3/8" Ruched Ribbon around the middle of the Pear Pizzazz piece, attaching the ribbon ends to the back of the stamped piece. Attach the whole thing to the card base.
- Stamp the largest flower petals the same as in Step 2 eight times onto a 11" x 1-1/2" piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Stamp the smallest flower petals the same as in Step 3 eight times onto an 8-1/2" x 1-1/4" piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Punch out each petal with the Blossom Builder Punch.
- Punch out 2 circles using the 1" Circle Punch. Put SNAIL Adhesive on the back, bottom of each of the eight large petals. Attach four of the petals onto one of the circles, forming a "plus" sign. Attach the other four large petals on top of the first four, placing each one in-between the first ones. This will make both layers offset from each other. Attach the eight small petals onto the other circle the same way as the large petals.
- Put adhesive onto the back of the circle with the small petals, and attach it to the top of the set of large petals, making sure to offset the petals.
- Stamp three large leaves onto a 3" x 1-1/2" piece of Whisper White Cardstock the same as in Step 4. Cut each leaf out freehand with Paper Snips. Attach the leaves to the flower, attaching the bottom of the leaves to the back of the flower (see pictures for placement).
- Punch a short end of a 4" x 1" piece of Whisper White Cardstock with the Banner Triple Punch. With the punched end on the right, stamp the "thank you..." stamp onto the right side of the banner using the Early Espresso ink pad. Attach the banner to the card. The left side of the banner should be just over the ribbon.
- Attach the flower to the end of the banner, and over the ribbon, using Tear & Tape Adhesive. Attach a large pearl from the Metal Rimmed Pearls to the center of the flower.
Inside of Card:
- Cut a 5-1/4" x 4" piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Stamp a smaller flower with the Peekaboo Peach ink pad on the bottom, left corner of the piece. Refer to Step 3 above.
- Stamp two small leaves around the flower. Refer to Step 4 above.
- Attach the piece to the inside of the card.