I'm so sorry that I haven't been able to post my own projects for awhile. I can't believe how busy June has been! Right now, I'm all caught up, so I should be able to post more often, again. :)
Today's card features the new Confetti Celebration Stamp Set and the colorful Festive Birthday Designer Series Paper (DSP). The colors in the DSP are so bright and cheery! I love it!
- Fold an 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" piece of Tempting Turquoise Cardstock in half to form the card base.
- Cut a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Melon Mambo Cardstock. Attach a 3-7/8" x 3-3-7/8" piece of multi-color striped paper from the Festive Birthday DSP onto the bottom of the Melon Mambo Cardstock. The Melon Mambo border around the DSP should be the same on the bottom and sides of it.
- Stamp the light string stamp from the Confetti Celebration Stamp Set onto a 3-7/8" x 1-1/2" piece of Whisper White Cardstock. Stamp it twice in Melon Mambo, and twice in Tempting Turquoise. Stamp the smallest star stamp randomly around the string of lights. See pictures for placement. Attach the piece to the top of the Melon Mambo piece. The Melon Mambo border around the stamped piece should be the same on the top and sides of it. It's okay if the stamped piece and DSP overlap.
- Cut two 6" and one 4" pieces of Melon Mambo 1/8" Striped Ribbon. Wrap one of the 6" pieces around the card where the stamped piece and DSP meet. Have the left side of the ribbon start at the bottom of the stamped piece, and the right side end on the top of the DSP. Attach the ribbon ends to the back of the Melon Mambo piece. Wrap the other 6" piece around the card. Have the left side start at the top of the DSP, and the right side end on the bottom of the stamped piece. Attach the ribbon ends to the back of the Melon Mambo piece. The ribbon pieces should intersect in the middle.
- Tie the 4" piece of ribbon onto the center of the ribbon (where they intersect), using a single knot. Trim the ribbon ends at an angle.
- Get the "Time to Party" stamp. Ink the "TIME" with a Melon Mambo marker, the "to" banner with a Crushed Curry marker, and the "PARTY" with a Tempting Turquoise marker. Stamp it onto the lower part of a 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" piece of Whisper White Cardstock. With the greeting near the bottom of the die, die-cut the greeting out with the 4th largest die from the Layering Squares Framelits Dies.
- Die-cut a scallop square from a 2-3/4" x 2-3/4" piece of Crushed Curry Cardstock, using the 3rd largest scallop die. Attach the greeting square to the center of the scallop square, and attach this to the center of the DSP layer on the card.
- Stamp the "Yay" star stamp onto a scrap of Whisper White Cardstock using the Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin' Pad. Punch it out with the Medium Star Punch. Attach it to the top, right corner of the greeting square with a Stampin' Dimensional.