Boy, it's been busy around here! I'm sorry that I haven't been able to post my own creations for awhile...including my Short & Sweet Saturday Cards. Now that my New Catalog Debut Open House is over, I'm hoping to get back on schedule.
I was able to make a card, and I used this month's Creating Pretty Cards Sketch #60 at Craft Project Central. If you play along, you could win a free month subscription to Craft Project Central (CPC)! For every ten cards submitted, CPC will pick one winner of a free month subscription to Craft Project Central! The winner(s) will get to select the month of their choice! If CPC project designers submit a card for your inspiration this month, they won’t be in the winner random-selection pool, but their cards will count towards the “for every 10 cards submitted" winner total. You must submit your card(s) using this sketch by June 30. Please read the "dos" and "don'ts" before making your card. You can find them by clicking the card sketch link above.
I'm so in love with so many of the new bundles in the new catalog, and this is one of them. I used the new Flourishing Phrases bundle which includes the Flourishing Phrases Stamp Set and the Flourishes Thinlits Dies. Aren't those die-cuts beautiful?! The new Big Shot Platform and Precision Base Plate made the die-cutting so easy! I used the Die Brush to get all of the little pieces out, and they came out fast.
- Fold an 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" piece of Night Of Navy Cardstock in half to form the card base.
- Emboss a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Mint Macaron Cardstock by running it through the Big Shot with the Petal Burst embossing folder.
- Cut a 3" x 2-3/4" piece of multi-color flower/copper foil paper from the Affectionately Yours Designer Series Paper (DSP). Tear the bottom, 3" edge, and attach it to the right side of the Mint Macaron layer, towards the bottom. Attach the whole thing to the center of the card base.
- Die-cut a 2" x 2" piece of Watermelon Wonder Cardstock with the largest flower die in the Flourish Thinlites Dies. Die-cut a 4" x 3/4" piece of Watermelon Wonder Cardstock with the border die in the same set. Die-cut a 2-3/4" x 1-3/4" piece of Cucumber Crush Cardstock with the leaf branch die. Die-cut a 3" x 1" piece of Daffodil Delight Cardstock three times with the smallest flower die.
- Attach the border piece to the top part of the DSP using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen. Line up the right edge of the border with the right edge of the DSP.
- Attach a 1-1/2" x 2" piece of Whisper White Cardstock to the center of a 1-3/4" x 2-1/4" piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock. Attach this to the DSP layer (see picture for placement).
- Attach the leaf branch to the Whisper White/Crumb Cake piece with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen, angling it to the left (see picture for placement). With a Stampin' Dimensional attached to the back, center of the large flower, attach the flower to the bottom, right of the branch. Attach a large enamel dot from the White Perfect Accents to the center of the flower.
- Stamp the "congratulations" stamp from the Flourish Phrases Stamp Set onto a 3-1/4" x 3/4" piece of Whisper White Cardstock using the Night of Navy Classic Stampin' Pad. Tear both short ends of the piece, and then attach it above the DSP layer.
- Attach each of the three small Daffodil Delight flowers onto the card using a Mini Glue Dot (put on the back of the flower center). Attach a medium-sized enamel dot from the White Perfect Accents to the center of each flower.