My wonderful hubby's birthday was last week, and we celebrated yesterday. This is the card I made him. I really like how it turned out. I was inspired by a card that was posted on Splitcoaststampers (SCS). I don't know her real name, but her SCS name is n.d.stamper, and you can see her card HERE.
- Fold an 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock in half to form the card base.
- Attach a 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" piece of Pool Party woodgrain paper from the Serene Scenery Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack to the center of a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Early Espresso Cardstock. Stamp the "Happy Birthday" stamp from the Guy Greetings Stamp Set on the bottom, right corner of the DSP using the Chocolate Chip Classic Stampin' Pad.
- Stamp the tree base stamp from the Sheltering Tree Stamp Set onto the left side of a 3-7/8" x 3-3/8" piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock using the Chocolate Chip ink pad.
- Stamp the leaves stamp over the tree branches two times using the Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pad. Do not re-ink the stamp in-between, and move the stamp a little bit before stamping the second time. This gives the leaves a little dimension.
- Stamp the antique car stamp from the Guy Greetings set to the right of the tree using the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad.
- Stamp the top-part of the tree base stamp from the Sheltering Tree set onto the right side of the cardstock using the Chocolate Chip ink pad. Stamp the leaves stamp over these branches twice (the same as before) using the Old Olive ink pad.
- Watercolor the car using Blender Pens. The car is watercolored with the Island Indigo Classic Stampin' Pad, the lights are watercolored with the Delightful Dijon Classic Stampin' Pad, and the tires & metalwork are watercolored with the Smoky Slate Classic Stampin' Pad.
- Attach the stamped piece across a 3-7/8" xx 3-1/2" piece of Early Espresso Cardstock, and then attach it to the top part of the card (see pictures for placement).
- Wrap a 6" piece of 5/8" Burlap Ribbon across the bottom of the stamped piece, and attach the ribbon ends to the back of the Early Espresso piece. Tie a 4" piece of the same ribbon onto the left side of the attached ribbon, using a single knot. Trim the ribbon ends at an angle.
July Online Order Thank You Gift
Everyone that places an Online Order at My Online Store in July will receive my Swirly Bird Flower Garden Card (pictured below), along with step-by-step instructions on how to make it! The inside of the card will be blank, so you can either give this card away, or keep it for yourself. You can see the supplies list for this card, HERE.