This week's Short & Sweet Saturday card features the beautiful Flourishing Phrases Bundle and the Affectionately Yours Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP).
I used this month's Creating Pretty Cards Sketch #62 (CPC62) for this card. The card sketch was designed by Monika Davis. If you make a card with this sketch and submit it on the Craft Project Central (CPC) site, you could win a free month subscription to CPC! For every ten cards submitted, CPC will pick one winner of a free month subscription on Craft Project Central! The winner(s) will get to select the month of their choice! If CPC project designers submit a card for your inspiration this month, they won’t be in the winner random-selection pool, but their cards will count towards the “for every 10 cards submitted winner total”. You have until August 31 to enter with this month's sketch.
All of my Short & Sweet Saturday (S&SS) cards are quick and easy to make, so they're perfect if you need to make a card last minute. I always include complete instructions on how to make my Short & Sweet cards, too.
- Fold an 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" piece of Watermelon Wonder Cardstock in half for form the card base.
- Stamp the big floral swirl stamp from the Flourishing Phrases Stamp Set all over a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Night of Navy Cardstock using the Night of Navy Classic Stampin' Pad. Attach the piece to the front of the card base.
- Die-cut the border die from the Flourish Thinlits Dies two times from a 4" x 1-1/2" piece of Watermelon Wonder Cardstock. The two border pieces should be 4" long. Attach each border piece to the long edges of a 4" x 1" piece of Crumb Cake/multi-color floral paper from the Affectionately Yours Specialty DSP. Only about half of each border should show from the front. Attach this across the top part of the Night of Navy layer (see pictures for placement).
- Punch a circle out of a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock using the 1-3/4" Circle Punch. Punch another circle out of a scrap piece of Watermelon Wonder Cardstock using the 2" Circle Punch. Attach the Whisper White circle to the top of the Watermelon Wonder circle.
- Die-cut the largest flower die from a 2-1/4" x 2" piece of Daffodil Delight Cardstock. Put glue from the Fine-Tip Glue Pen onto the back center part of the flower, and attach it to the center of the circle.
- Die-cut the small leaf die two times from a 1-1/2" x 1-1/4" piece of Mint Macaron Cardstock. Put glue from the Fine-Tip Glue Pen onto the bottom part of the leaves, and attach them to the bottom, left of the flower. Attach the flower/circle over the center part of the DSP strip.
- Attach a medium-size pearl from the Metal Rimmed Pearls to the center of the flower.
- Stamp the "i love you" stamp onto a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock using the Watermelon Wonder Classic Stampin' Pad. Punch the greeting out with the Classic Label Punch, and attach it to the bottom center of the Night of Navy layer. Attach a Daffodil Delight heart enamel shape from the Brights Enamel Shapes to each end of the greeting piece.
GET THIS TUTORIAL FREE IN AUGUST!
You can get this tutorial TWO ways. They are:
Place a minimum $15 online order* (before shipping & tax) with me, using the Host Code GGP4BP9G, and I'll email my illustrated, step-by-step Thoughtful Branches Tutorial to you for FREE!
Purchase the Thoughtful Branches Bundle, OR place a minimum $50 online order* (before shipping & tax), from me in August using the Host Code GGP4BP9G, and you'll not only receive my Thoughtful Branches Tutorial for free, but you'll also receive the consumable supplies to make all four cards (pre-cut cardstock, DSP, & embellishments). The die-cuts will not be done for you, since you'll already have the die set. The embossing & punching will be done for you.Make sure your email address is entered and correct when you place your order online. I'll need it so I can email the tutorial to you.
If you order is $150 or more (before shipping & tax), DO NOT use the Host Code. This way, you'll get the Stampin' Rewards you qualify for. I WILL still email the tutorial to you, and mail the consumable card supplies to you.
ORDERS MUST BE PLACED BY AUGUST 31
*only those living in the United States can place an order from me - per Stampin' Up! rules.
Remember, the Thoughtful Branches Stamp Set is only available August 31 or WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!