Here is the card that I promised you yesterday. This is the first card I've made with the Jolly Friends Bundle from the 2016 Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog. The bundle includes the Jolly Friends Stamp Set and the Jolly Hat Builder Punch. They can be purchased separately, but you'll save 10% if purchased as a bundle.
I also used four other products from the Holiday Catalog that coordinate with each other...Cable Knit Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (TIEF), Warmth & Cheer Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack, Baker's Twine Trio Pack, and the Warmth & Cheer Designer Washi Tape. I LOVE how they look together, don't you?
- Fold an 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" piece of Cherry Cobbler Cardstock to form the card base.
- Spritz the top half of a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock with a little water using a Stampin' Spritzer. Rub the water droplets all over the top half of the cardstock with your fingers. Put the top half of the piece into the Cable Knit Dynamic TIEF, making sure the designs go across the piece horizontally. Run it through the Big Shot. Moistening the cardstock with a little water softens the cardstock so it embosses without cracking. Dynamic TIEFs are thicker than most embossing folders, and they emboss deeper than the others.
- Attach a 4" x 2" piece of Cherry Cobbler/Garden Green striped paper from the Warmth & Cheer DSP Stack across the embossed piece, putting it a little below the center of the piece.
- Attach a strip of the pine tree tape from the Warmth & Cheer Designer Washi Tape across the Crumb Cake layer, directly underneath the DSP layer.
- Stamp the "Merry Christmas' stamp from the Snow Place Stamp Set onto the bottom of the Crumb Cake layer using the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad.
- Wrap 6" pieces of all three Baker's Twines from the Baker's Twine Trio Pack around the bottom of the DSP, attaching the ends of the twines to the back of the Crumb Cake layer using scotch tape. Attach the whole piece to the front of the Cherry Cobbler card base.
- Tie 12" pieces of the same three Baker's Twines onto the left side of the attached twine, tying them into a bow. Tie each set of twine ends together into a single knot. Make sure the knots are within the perimeter of the card. Trim the ends close to the knots.
- Stamp the Santa stamp from the Jolly Friends Stamp Set onto the bottom of a 2" x 2-1/4" piece of Whisper White Cardstock using the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad. Color Santa's face using a Blender Pen and a Blushing Bride Classic Stampin' Pad. Color his entire face using a very light touch to get a lighter shade of the ink. Then, color his cheeks with the same ink, using a little more ink to make them darker than the rest of his face.
- Stamp the solid hat stamp from the Jolly Friends Stamp Set onto a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock using the Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin' Pad. Punch the hat out with the Jolly Hat Builder Punch. Stamp the basic hat trim stamp onto a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock using the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad. Punch it out with the same punch. Stamp the pompom stamp onto a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock using the same Memento Pad. Punch it out using the same punch.
- Attach the hat trim piece to the bottom of the hat and the pompom to the pointed end of the hat. Attach the hat to the top of Santa's head using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Attach the Santa piece to the top of a 2-1/4" x 3" piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock. Wrap a piece of the Cherry Cobbler chevron tape from the Warmth & Cheer Designer Washi Tape across the bottom of the Crumb Cake piece. Attach this piece to the center of a 2-1/2" x 3-1/4" piece of Garden Green Cardstock, and then attach it to the top, center of the card.
Note: I used Fast Fuse Adhesive to attach everything, except the Santa's hat. I find it works best with the embossed layer.