This week's Short & Sweet Saturday card features the Cookie Cutter Christmas Stamp Set. This stamp set also has a coordinating punch called, Cookie Cutter Builder Punch. They are both in the new 2016 Stampin' Up! Holiday Catalog that started on Sept. 1. They can be purchased separately, or together as a bundle @ 10% off! There's another stamp set that goes with the punch, and it's called Cookie-Cutter Halloween. I used the Halloween version on the first project I made for my 12 Weeks of Fall & Halloween, 2016, and I'm using it again for this Monday's project. Having both sets and the punch will take you through Fall and Christmas! I used the new Cable Knit Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (TIEF) and Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper (DSP) on this Christmas card, too.
All of my Short & Sweet Saturday (S&SS) cards are quick and easy to make, so they're perfect if you need to make a card last minute. I always include complete instructions on how to make my Short & Sweet cards, too.
- Fold an 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" piece of Early Espresso Cardstock in half to form the card base.
- Spritz a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Real Red Cardstock with a little water using a Stampin' Spritzer. Rub the water droplets all over the cardstock with your fingers. Put the piece into the Cable Knit Dynamic TIEF, making sure the designs go across the piece horizontally. Run it through the Big Shot. Moistening the cardstock with a little water softens the cardstock so it embosses without cracking. Dynamic TIEFs are thicker than most embossing folders, and they emboss deeper than the others. Let it dry a few minutes.
- Wrap a 5" piece of Real Red 3/4" Stitched Edge Ribbon around the middle of a 3-1/2" x 2-l/2" piece of Crumb Cake/Real Red candy & gingerbread paper from the Candy Cane Lane Designer Series Paper (DSP), attaching the ends of the ribbon to the back of the DSP. Then, attach it the a 3-3/4" x 2-3/4" piece of Early Espresso Cardstock. Attach this to the top of the Real Red embossed piece, and then attach everything to the front of the card base.
- Stamp the gingerbread cookie stamp from the Cookie Cutter Christmas Stamp Set onto a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock using the Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad. Punch it out with the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch. Stamp the solid bow stamp onto a scrap piece of Whisper White Cardstock using the Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad, and punch it out with the same punch. Attach the bow to the top of the gingerbread cookie using a Mini Glue Dot.
- Punch out two hearts from a scrap piece of Real Red Cardstock using the Cookie Cutter Builder Punch. Attach them over the buttons on the gingerbread cookie using Mini Glue Dots.
- Stamp the "Warm Heartfelt Greetings..." stamp onto the center of a 3" x 3/4" piece of Whisper White Cardstock using the Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pad. Die-cut the greeting out with the straight banner die from the Bunch of Banners Framelits Dies, and attach it to the bottom, right of the DSP layer. Attach the gingerbread cookie to the left side of the greeting using Stampin' Dimensionals (see pictures for placement).