Happy "Hump" day everyone! Today's Christmas card was made using this month's Creating Pretty Cards Sketch #64 (CPC64). I'm later than usual using the sketch, because I always try to get it done at the beginning of the month. This is the first card I've made using the Jar of Cheer Stamp Set. I love that candle! It's so pretty!
If you play along, and make a card using the sketch, you could win a FREE month subscription to Craft Project Central (CPC). THE DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR CARD IS THIS MONDAY, OCTOBER 31. We need at least 10 cards submitted to have a winner, and we're at 7 with my card. CPC designers, like me, who submit their card for the sketch go toward the count, but our names are NOT put into the drawing. SO, YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING ARE VERY GOOD! The guidelines for the sketch are listed in the Sketch Post. Once you've made the card and posted it to your blog (or online forum-like Splitcoaststampers), you'll need to post it to the CPC site by using the "Add your Link" button at the bottom of the sketch post.
- Cherry Cobbler: 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" (card base)
- Crumb Cake: 4" x 5-1/4" (embossed, base layer)
- Whisper White: 2-1/4" x 4-1/4" (jar and bow)
- Whisper White: 3" x 3/4" (greeting banner)
- Warmth & Cheer DSP: 5-1/4" x 1" (star paper)
- 3/8" Silky Taffeta Ribbon Combo Pack: 7" (Cherry Cobbler ribbon)
- Fold the Cherry Cobbler piece in half to form the card base.
- Emboss the Crumb Cake base layer by running it through the Big Shot using the Holly Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
- Attach the star paper from the Warmth & Cheer Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack onto the left side of the Crumb Cake Layer. Wrap the Cherry Cobbler ribbon from the 3/8" Silky Taffeta Ribbon Combo Pack around the right edge of the DSP, and attach the ribbon ends to the back of the Crumb Cake layer using SNAIL Adhesive. Attach the whole thing to the card base.
- Stamp the jar stamp from the Jar of Cheer Stamp Set onto the bottom of the largest Whisper White piece using the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad. Stamp the candle stamp into the jar using the same ink pad. Watercolor the candle using a Blender Pen and the following Classic Stampin' Pads: Delightful Dijon (flame), Crumb Cake (candle), Garden Green (leaves), and Cherry Cobbler (berries).
- Die-cut the jar out with the largest jar die from the Everyday Jar Framelits. Stamp the jar mouth stamp from the Jar of Cheer Stamp Set onto the top of the jar using the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad.
- Stamp the bow stamp on the top of the same Whisper White piece using the Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin' Pad. Die-cut the bow out with the bow die from the same Framelits set. Attach the bow to the top of the jar using a Mini Glue Dot. Attach a large rhinestone from the Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the center of the bow.
- Wrap Cherry Cobbler thread from the Metallic Thread Combo Pack around the bottom of your four fingers six times and cut. Twist the thread loops together in the center. Lay the center of the loops (where it's twisted) onto the back of the jar at an angle, making sure the loops can be seen from the front on both sides. Attach it to the jar by putting a Stampin' Dimensional over the twisted part of the metallic thread. Add a Stampin' Dimensional to each corner of the jar, and then attach the jar to the top, left side of the card, over the ribbon.
- Punch one end of the small Whisper White strip with the Banner Triple Punch, making sure to center the long sides of the strip with the sides of the narrow, center guide in the punch. With the punched end on the right, stamp the "Merry" stamp onto the right side of the banner. Attach the banner to the right side of the jar, tucking the left end of the banner under the jar.