Happy Saturday, everyone! This week's Short & Sweet Saturday Card is a Christmas card that was made at my Christmas Stamp-A-Stack this past week. It features the Greetings from Santa Bundle. This bundle includes the Greetings from Santa and Detailed Santa Thinlits Dies. As with all bundles, you save 10% when purchasing them this way.
One thing I learned with the Santa die is that you really need to use the Big Shot Platform (with the thin die adapter) and the Precision Base Plate. At least with my Big Shot Machine, the die cut out perfectly using the Big Shot Platform & the Precision Base Plate. When I used the Magnetic Platform with the Precision Base Plate, it didn't quite get all of the swirls in his beard cut through. The sandwich used (beginning from the bottom) - Big Shot Platform with thin die adapter, Precision Plate, cardstock, Santa die, Standard Cutting Pad. I also used the Die Brush to get all of the little pieces out.
All of my Short & Sweet Saturday (S&SS) cards are quick and easy to make, so they're perfect if you need to make a card last minute. I always include complete instructions on how to make my Short & Sweet Saturday cards, too.
- Real Red Cardstock: 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" (card base)
- Whisper White Cardstock: 4" x 5-1/4" (Santa layer)
- Lay the Santa die from the Detailed Santa Thinlits Dies onto the top of the Whisper White layer, making sure the cardstock border around the die is the same width on the top, left, and right. Run it through the Big Shot using the sandwich listed in the second paragraph above.
- Brush the Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush all over the hat brim and the little "cotton ball" on the tip of the hat.
- Attach a strip of the star washi tape from the Candy Cane Lane Designer Washi Tape across the bottom edge of the Whisper White piece. Make sure to have the tape ends extend at least a 1/2" past the edges of the cardstock. Then, wrap the ends around to the back of the cardstock and attach.
- Stamp the "Happy Christmas to all..." stamp from the Greetings from Santa Stamp Set directly above the washi tape using the Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad.
- Attach a strip of the peppermint candy washi tape across the cardstock, just above the greeting, attaching the ends to the back of the cardstock as before.
- Attach the Santa layer to the card base. On the back of the Santa layer, I put SNAIL Adhesive onto the border around the Santa image, his mustache, the brim of his hat, and the bottom edges of the piece. I didn't put adhesive onto the thin strips and swirls of the image.
- Stamp the "Ho, Ho, Ho" stamp onto the Real Red card base that shows in the opening next to Santa's face using the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad.