It's time for another Short & Sweet Saturday Card! I CASEd this one from one that Dawn Olchefske made. I loved how she used the washi tape inside the Christmas Card, and I just had to do it myself. I did change it a bit, using the Pretty Paisleys Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (TIEF) around the tree, using different ribbon, putting the greeting onto an oval, and using all five washi tape rolls in the Warmth & Cheer Designer Washi tape (she used four).
All of my Short & Sweet Saturday (S&SS) cards are quick and easy to make, so they're perfect if you need to make a card last minute. I always include complete instructions on how to make my Short & Sweet Saturday cards, too.
- Crumb Cake: 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" (card base)
- Crumb Cake: 4" x 5-1/4" (base layer)
- Garden Green: 2-1/2" x 1-1/2" (scallop oval)
- Whisper White: 2-1/2" x 1-1/2" (greeting oval)
- Chocolate Chip: 1" x 3/4" (trunk)
- Gold Glimmer Paper: Scraps
- 3/8" Silky Taffeta Ribbon Combo Pack: 6" & 4" (Cherry Cobbler)
- Fold the largest Crumb Cake piece in half to form the card base.
- Emboss the smallest Crumb Cake piece by running it through the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine using the Pretty Paisleys TIEF. Make sure to put the embossed frame onto the center of the piece.
- Die-cut a tree in the middle of the frame using the pine tree die from the Santa's Sleigh Framelits Dies. The tree die-cut won't be used, so store it somewhere to use on another project someday.
- Lay the tree layer onto the center of the card base front, without attaching. Trace around the edges of the tree opening onto the card base using a pencil.
- Put a strip of one of the washi tapes from the Warmth & Cheer Designer Washi Tape across the top of the traced tree at a diagonal. Make sure that the ends of the tape go past the pencil marks. Keep adding strips of washi tape until the whole tree is covered. Make sure to use all five washi tapes in the set first, and then repeat until finished. No need to cover the tree trunk up (see the first two pictures below).
- Attach the Chocolate Chip to the back of the tree/embossed layer, covering up the tree trunk opening. A little of the piece will show a little above the bottom of the tree opening. Trim this part off (see the last two pictures below).
- Wrap the 6" of Cherry Cobbler ribbon around the bottom of the tree layer, covering up the very bottom of the tree trunk. Attach the ribbon ends to the back of the layer using SNAIL Adhesive. Tie the 4" piece to the left side of the attached ribbon using a single knot.
- Attach the tree layer to the center of the card base using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the "Merry Christmas" stamp from the Hang Your Stocking Stamp Set onto the center of the Whisper White piece. Die-cut the greeting out with the 2nd smallest oval die from the Layering Ovals Framelits Dies. Die-cut a scallop oval from the Garden Green piece using the 2nd smallest scallop die. Attach the greeting oval onto it, and then attach it to the right side of the ribbon on the card (using SNAIL Adhesive).
- Die-cut a star with the star die from the Santa's Sleigh Thinlits Dies from a scrap piece of Gold Glimmer Paper. Attach the star to the top of the tree using a Mini Glue Dot.