This week's Short & Sweet Saturday card features the wonderful Santa's Sleigh Bundle. The bundle includes the Santa's Sleigh Stamp Set and the Santa's Sleigh Framelits Dies. Purchasing them as a bundle will save you 10%! I also used the pretty This Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP).
I used this month's Creating Pretty Cards Sketch #65 (CPC65) to make this quick and easy card. If you play along with this month's sketch, you could win a free month subscription to Craft Project Central! If you win, you'll even get to pick which month! Please go to the SKETCH POST to get all of the Do's and Don'ts for the sketch. I hope you'll play along! You'll need to submit your card by November 30 to be entered into the drawing!
All of my Short & Sweet Saturday (S&SS) cards are quick and easy to make, so they're perfect if you need to make a card last minute. I always include complete instructions on how to make my Short & Sweet Saturday cards, too.
- Cherry Cobbler Cardstock: 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" (card base)
- Cherry Cobbler Cardstock: 4" x 5-1/4" (embossed base layer)
- Garden Green Cardstock: 2" x 3-1/4" (main image mat)
- Chocolate Chip Cardstock: 2" x 3" (deer)
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 1-3/4" x 3" (main image layer)
- Very Vanilla Cardstock: 2" x 1/2" (greeting layer)
- This Christmas Specialty DSP: 1" x 5-1/4"
- Scraps of Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green
- Fold the largest piece of Cherry Cobbler Cardstock in half to form the card base.
- Emboss the other Cherry Cobbler piece by running it through the Big Shot using the Holly Textured Impression Embossing Folder. Attach it to the center of the card base.
- Cut a Delicate White Doily in half, and attach one of the halves to the bottom, left of the embossed layer using SNAIL Adhesive. The adhesive only needs to be put on the middle half circle. There's no need to put any on the cut-out sections of the doily.
- Attach the This Christmas Specialty DSP strip to the left side of the doily half.
- Stamp the deer stamp from the Santa's Sleigh Stamp Set onto the Chocolate Chip piece using the Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pad. Die-cut it out with the deer die from the Santa's Sleigh Framelits Dies. Attach the deer to the bottom of the largest Very Vanilla piece. Attach the Very Vanilla piece to the center of the Garden Green piece. Then, attach it to the bottom, right of the DSP, lining it up with the doily half.
- Stamp the wreath stamp onto a scrap piece of Garden Green Cardstock using the Garden Green Classic Stampin' Pad. Stamp the larger bow stamp onto a scrap piece of Cherry Cobbler Cardstock using the Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin' Pad. Die-cut the wreath and bow out with their coordinating dies. Attach the wreath to the top, left corner of the Very Vanilla layer, and attach the bow to the top of the wreath using a Mini Glue Dot.
- Ink up the "Merry Christmas" part of the "Merry Christmas Wishes" stamp with the Cherry Cobbler ink pad, and stamp it onto the smallest Very Vanilla piece. Attach the piece to the bottom right of the card using Stampin' Dimensionals. See pictures for placement.