I hope you're all having a wonderful Valentine's Day! Today, I'm sharing the card I made my wonderful hubby for Valentine's Day. I CASED this card from one that a fellow Craft Project Central designer, Cindy Brumbaugh, made.
I think this is my favorite Valentine's Day stamp set of all time, and the Framelits that coordinate with it make it even more special! The stamp set is called Sealed with Love, and the dies set is called Love Notes Framelits. If you purchase them together as a bundle, you'll save 10%. The Love Notes Framelits are on backorder right now, but they are definitely worth the wait!
- Basic Black: 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" (card base)
- Whisper White: 3-1/4" x 5-1/4" (embossed layer)
- Real Red: 1-1/4" x 5-1/2" (heart border)
- Real Red: 3" x 2" (envelope)
- Basic Black: 3" x 2" (envelope)
- Sending Love DSP Stack: 3" x 2" (envelope)
- Whisper White: 5-1/2" x 1-3/4" (three notes)
- Copper Foil Sheets: 1-3/4" x 1-1/2" (heart)
- Whisper White: 2-1/4" x 3/8" (banner)
- Scraps of Basic Black and Sending Love DSP
- Whisper White: 4" x 5-1/4" (inside of card)
- Sending Love Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack: 3/4" x 5-1/4" (inside-outside strip)
- Sending Love DSP Stack: 1/2" x 5-1/4" (inside-inside strip)
- Fold the Basic Black card base piece in half. Cut off a 3/4" strip off of the right side of the card front.
- Die-cut the Real Red heart border piece with the heart border die from the Love Notes Framelits Dies. Attach the uncut side of the border to the back of the card front. Make sure the right edge of the hearts line-up with the right edge of the card back. Fold the hearts along the score lines.
- Stamp the Happy Valentine's Day stamp from the Sealed with Love Stamp Set onto the bottom, right corner of the Whisper White embossed piece using the Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad. Emboss the piece with the Happy Heart Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Attach the piece to the center of the card front.
- Die-cut the Real Red, Basic Black, and Sending Love DSP envelope pieces with the envelope die. For each envelope, fold the narrow sides in, and attach them together with a Mini Glue Dot. Fold the bottom side up, and attach it with another Mini Glue Dot.
- Die-cut the triangle die from a scrap piece of Whisper White/Real Red heart paper and a scrap piece of Real Red/Whisper White acorn/leaves paper from the Sending Love DSP Stack. Attach the first triangle die-cut to the top flap of the Real Red envelope, and attach the second one to the top flap of the Basic Black envelope.
- Stamp the detailed heart row stamp onto the left, top side of the Whisper White notes piece using the Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad. Stamp the solid heart row stamp next to it, and then the small-heart row stamp next to it using the same ink pad. Die-cut the notes out with their coordinating notes dies. Insert one into each envelope (see pictures).
- Die-cut the lined heart die from the Copper Foil piece. Die-cut the wider-pointed arrow die from a scrap piece of Basic Black cardstock. Thread the arrow through a couple of the openings of the heart (see pictures).
- Attach a small wooden heart from the Sending Love Embellishments to the center of the DSP envelope using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen. Attach the wooden scallop border heart onto the center of the Basic Black envelope using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.
- Stamp the "hugs & kisses" stamp onto the Whisper White banner piece using the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad. Clip a triangle out of each end of the piece, and attach it across the Real Red Envelope.
- Attach the Copper Foil heart to the top, right of the card using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen. Attach the DSP envelope to the left of the heart, and then attach the Basic Black envelope to the bottom of the heart using SNAIL Adhesive. Attach the Real Red envelope below, and to the left of the DSP envelope using Stampin' Dimensionals (see pictures).
- INSIDE OF CARD: Attach the 3/4" x 5-1/4" piece of DSP to the right side of the Whisper White inside piece. Then, attach the 1/2" x 5-1/4" piece of DSP next to the first strip. Stamp the "Sealed with a Kiss" stamp onto the bottom, left corner of the piece using the Tuxedo Black Memento Pad. Then, stamp the lips stamp next to the greeting using the Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad. Attach the whole thing to the inside of the card.