I'm so sorry that I couldn't do a Short & Sweet Saturday card last week. I was having some tooth problems last week, and it was hard to create. I had a temporary crown that was causing problems. I was so happy last Saturday when I went into the dentist, for the third time in one week, and was told that the permanent crown had come in a week early! The bad part was, on the 10-minute drive back home from the dentist, my tooth started hurting even worse than with the temporary crown! 😠 What was so maddening was that I hadn't had any tooth pain with the tooth until it got worked on. It was chipped, but never caused me any pain. Once I got home, the pain was unbearable. I called the dentist, was told to take Ibuprofen and Tylenol, and to call on Monday if it wasn't better. Thankfully, the Ibuprofen and Tylenol took the pain away. It never started hurting as bad as it did, but it's still not completely better. I think it's getting close, though. It just needed some more time to heal.
Now, back to stamping! I love how today's Short & Sweet Saturday card came out. I hadn't used my Sale-A-Bration (SAB) stamp set, Delicate Details, and just had to pull it out. I also used the SAB set, Avant Garden. I wasn't sure if stamping a lace trim stamp on top of the another one would look good, but I really like it! This card is super quick to make, too!
- Thick Whisper White: 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" (card base)
- Sweet Sugarplum: 1/2" x 5-1/2" (right border)
- Whisper White: 2-1/2" x 5-1/2" (stamped image)
- Succulent Garden DSP: 2-1/2" x 1" (Mint Macaron floral paper)
- Succulent Garden Ribbon Combo Pack: (2) 4" (Sweet Sugarplum ribbon)
- Fold the Thick Whisper White card base piece in half.
- Open the card back out. Stamp the widest lace stamp from the Delicate Detail Stamp Set along the left side of the card base using the Tip Top Taupe Classic Stampin' Pad. The lace will need to be stamped twice to get across the whole card (see pictures for placement).
- Stamp the second, widest lace stamp across the bottom part of the first lace using the Sweet Sugarplum Classic Stampin' Pad. The highest points in the second, widest lace should line-up with the middle part of each ruffle in the widest lace.
- Stamp the single flower stamp from the Avant Garden Stamp Set onto the Whisper White stamped image piece using Sweet Sugarplum ink (see pictures for placement). Stamp the flower center stamp onto the center of each flower using Tip Top Taupe ink.
- Stamp the stem stamp onto the bottom of each flower using the Mint Macaron Classic Stampin' Pad. Stamp the single-leaf stamp onto the stems with the same ink (see pictures for placement).
- Stamp the "Thanks for being you" stamp onto the top, right corner of the piece with Tip Top Taupe ink.
- Attach the DSP piece to the bottom of the stamped image piece. Wrap one of the ribbon pieces across the top of the DSP, and attach the ends to the back of it using SNAIL Adhesive. Tie the other ribbon piece to the center of the attached ribbon using a single bow. Trim the ribbon ends.
- Attach the Sweet Sugarplum cardstock strip across the right side of the stamped image piece. It should be attached to the back of the piece, making sure that about 1/4" shows from the front. Then, attach the whole thing to the card base, making sure to line the left edge of the piece with the lace.