This is the first card that I've made with the Nailed It Bundle, and I really like how it turned out. I can't wait to make more with this great bundle! I had so much fun making this card, and it makes a perfect masculine card. If you need to make it for a female who loves working with tools, just turn the handles into pink ones, and change the color combo a bit.
- Basic Black: 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" (card base)
- Delightful Dijon: 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" (base layer)
- Very Vanilla: 4" x 5-1/4" (embossed layer)
- Urban Undergound Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP): 4" x 1-1/2" (Basic Black/Very Vanilla chevron paper)
- Delightful Dijon: 3" x 2-1/4" (tool handles and greeting layer)
- Silver Foil: 4" x 3" (tools)
- Silver Foil: 4" x 1/2" (ruler)
- Urban Underground Designer Washi Tape: 5" (Delightful Dijon tape)
- Fold the Basic Black card base in half. Attach the Delightful Dijon base layer to the center of the card base front.
- Attach the DSP piece to the bottom of the Very Vanilla piece. Wrap the washi tape around the Very Vanilla piece, just above the DSP layer. Stamp the slant lined border stamp from the Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Set across the Very Vanilla piece, using the Delightful Dijon Classic Stampin' Pad. Make sure to stamp it about 3/8" above the DSP layer.
- Emboss the top of the Very Vanilla piece by running it through the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine with the Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.* Make sure to emboss the area above the stamped border.
- Run the Silver Foil ruler piece through the Big Shot using the ruler die from the Build It Framelits Dies.* Attach the ruler across the Very Vanilla piece, placing it in-between the washi tape and the stamped border. Attach the whole thing to the center of the Delightful Dijon base layer.
- Die-cut tools from the Silver Foil tools piece using the hammer, screwdriver, and wrench dies from the Build It Framelits Dies.*
- Stamp the handle parts of the hammer stamp and the screwdriver stamp from the Nailed It Stamp Set onto the Delightful Dijon tools/greeting piece using the Basic Gray Archival Stampin' Pad. Stamp the greeting stamp onto the same piece using the same ink pad.
- Die-cut the hammer handle out with the hammer die and the screwdriver handle out with the screwdriver die from the Build It Framelits. Trim the top of the handles, if needed. Die-cut the greeting out with the narrow label die from the same die set.
- Attach the Delightful Dijon hammer handle to the handle part of the Silver Foil hammer, and attach the Delightful Dijon screwdriver handle to the handle part of the Silver Foil screwdriver handle.
- Attach the tools to the right side of the card, over the ruler. See pictures for placement.
- Attach the greeting label to the bottom, left corner of the card using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Use the following sandwich when embossing with the Hexagons embossing folder - (beginning from the bottom) Big Shot Platform (without the thin die adapter), embossing folder with cardstock inside, and Standard Cutting Pad. Dynamic embossing folders are extra thick, and only one Standard Cutting Pad is needed.
- Use the following sandwich when die-cutting with the Framelits dies - (beginning from the bottom) Magnetic Platform, Standard Cutting Pad, cardstock/foil paper, die, & Standard Cutting Pad.