I used this month's Creating Pretty Cards Sketch #69 (CPC69) at Craft Project Central to make this card. At first, I struggled with this sketch. I LOVE the card that Buffy made with it, but I couldn't think of what I would use for my card. Then, I thought of the pretty Oh So Succulent Stamp Set. I have to say, I'm super happy with the way it turned out!
I hope you'll play along with the CPC69 sketch! There are so many possibilities with this sketch. If you do play along, make sure to link your card to the Craft Project Central site! If there are at least 10 submissions, there will be a drawing for a FREE CRAFT PROJECT CENTRAL MONTH SUBSCRIPTION! For every 10 submitted, there will be a winner! CLICK HERE to get the Dos and Don'ts of the card sketch.
- Calypso Coral: 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" (card base)
- Mint Macaron: 4-1/2" x 3-1/2" (DSP mat)
- Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper (DSP): 4" x 3" (greens and brown succulents paper)
- Sweet Sugarplum: 3-1/2" x 2-1/2" (scallop oval)
- Whisper White: 3-1/2" x 2-1/2" (greeting oval)
- Whisper White: 5" x 3-1/2" (flowers)
- Succulent Garden 3/8" Ribbon Combo Pack: 5" (Sweet Sugarplum ribbon)
- Fold the Calypso Coral card base in half.
- Attach the DSP piece to the center of the Mint Macaron piece. Wrap the ribbon around the left side of the piece, attaching the ribbon ends to the back of the Mint Macaron layer with SNAIL Adhesive. Attach the piece to the card base.
- Stamp the "enjoy the little things" stamp from the Layering Love Stamp Set onto the middle of the Whisper White greeting oval piece using the Tip Top Taupe Classic Stampin' Pad. Die-cut it out with the third largest oval die from the Layering Ovals Framelits Dies.
- Die-cut a scallop oval out of the Sweet Sugarplum piece using the second largest scallop die from the Layering Ovals dies. Attach the greeting oval to the center of the scallop oval, and attach it all to the center of the DSP layer using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Stamp the largest succulent outline stamp from the Oh, So Succulent Stamp Set two times onto the Whisper White flowers piece using the Sweet Sugarplum Classic Stampin' Pad. Stamp the second largest succulent ouline stamp two times using the Calypso Coral Classic Stampin' Pad. Stamp the grass-like outline stamp two times using the Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pad.
- Ink up the largest bold succulent stamp with the Sweet Sugarplum ink pad. Stamp it onto a scrap piece of paper, and then stamp it on top of one of the Sweet Sugarplum succulent outlines from Step 5. (This is called "Stamping Off", which gives a lighter version of the color.) Do the same with the other one. Stamp onto the two Calypso Coral succulent outlines by using the Stamping Off technique with the second largest bold succulent stamp and the Calypso Coral ink pad. Stamp onto the two grass-like outlines by using the Stamping Off technique with the bold grass-like stamp and the Old Olive ink pad.
- Die-cut the succulents and the grass with their coordinating dies from the Succulent Framelits Dies.
- On the upper, left corner, attach a Sweet Sugarplum succulent and a grass die-cut to it using SNAIL Adhesive. Then, attach a Calypso Coral succulent using Stampin' Dimensionals (see pictures for placement).
- On the lower, right corner, attach the Calypso Coral succulent to it using SNAIL Adhesive. Attach the Sweet Sugarplum succulent to it using Stampin' Dimensionals. Then, attach the grass die-cut to it using SNAIL Adhesive (see pictures for placement).