Today's card is another card that will be made at my Celebrate Spring Stamp Camp. This card features the new Sale-A-Bration stamp set, Make a Medallion. It also features the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits Die.
- Thick Whisper White: 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" (card base)
- Dapper Denim: 4" x 5-1/4" (base layer)
- Whisper White: 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" (embossed layer)
- Crushed Curry: 2" x 5" (banner layer)
- Dapper Denim: 2-3/4" x 2-3/4" (scallop circle)
- Whisper White: 2-3/4" x 2-3/4" (circle)
- Gold Foil Paper: 3-1/2" x 2-3/4" (dragonfly)
- Bermuda Bay 1/8" Stitched Ribbon: (2) 3-1/2" pieces
- Fold the Thick Whisper White card base piece in half.
- Emboss the Whisper White embossed layer by running it through the Big Shot using the Lovely Lace Textured Impression Embossing Folder. Attach it to the center of the Dapper Denim base layer, and then attach it to the card base.
- Punch one of the 2" ends of the Crushed Curry banner layer piece by inserting it all the way into the Banner Triple Punch and punching.
- Stamp the "Thanks" and "Friend" stamps from the Make a Medallion Stamp Set onto the bottom of the banner (punched end) using the Dapper Denim Classic Stampin' Pad.
- Stamp the rounded medallion stamp onto the center of the Whisper White circle piece using the Bermuda Bay Classic Stampin' Pad. Then, stamp the pointier medallion stamp on top of it with the Dapper Denim ink pad, making sure to line it up within the Bermuda Bay image.
- Stamp the half, circle pattern stamp onto the top and bottom of the center opening of the stamped medallion using the Crushed Curry Classic Stampin' Pad. Stamp the second to smallest, single medallion stamp onto the two open areas on both sides of the stamped medallion center using the same ink pad. Die-cut the medallion out using the #6 circle die (begin counting with the smallest circle die) in the Layering Circles Framelits Dies.
- Die-cut a scallop circle from the Dapper Denim scallop circle piece using the #6 scallop circle die from the same die set. Attach the medallion circle to the scallop circle, and then attach it to the Crushed Curry banner, just above the greeting.
- Wrap one of the Bermuda Bay 1/8" Stitched Ribbon pieces around the top of the banner, attaching the ribbon ends to the back of the banner using SNAIL Adhesive. Tie the other ribbon piece to the center of the attached ribbon using a single knot. Trim the ribbon ends at an angle. Now, attach the whole thing to the center of the card. The top edge of the banner should line up with the top edge of the embossed layer.
- Die-cut the Gold Foil Paper dragonfly piece with the smallest, single, detailed dragonfly die from the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits Dies. Use the following sandwich when die-cutting. Starting from the bottom - Big Shot Platform with the thin die adapter, Precision Base Plate, paper, die (blade down), and Standard Cutting Pad. After running it through the Big Shot (I usually run it through twice with detailed dies), take the little pieces of paper out with the Die Brush. Make sure to keep the paper inside the die when using the Die Brush.
- Put Snail Adhesive onto the back, top of the dragonfly body, and attach it to the center of the medallion at an angle. Attach a large pearl from the Metal Rimmed Pearls onto the dragonfly body, just under the head (see pictures for placement).