Today's card is the last one that will be made at my Celebrate Spring Stamp Camp. I was inspired by a card a demo friend of mine, Debbie Callon, made. She doesn't have a blog, or I'd add a link. The floral focal point of her card was beautiful, and I did the same thing with my card. I loved how she sponged color behind the floral die-cut, and used the scallop-bordered die from the Window Box Thinlits Dies as a flower pot.
- Watermelon Wonder: 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" (card base)
- Daffodil Delight: 4" x 5-1/4" (base layer)
- Whisper White: 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" (floral die-cut layer)
- Whisper White: 3-1/2" x 3-1/4" (sponging layer)
- Affectionately Yours Designer Series Paper (DSP): 3-7/8" x 2" (Crumb Cake/multi-color flower paper)
- Flirty Flamingo 3/8" Ruched Ribbon: 6"
- Crumb Cake: 3" x 1-1/2" (flower pot)
- Whisper White: 5-1/2" x 3/4" (banner)
- Fold the Watermelon Wonder card base in half.
- Die-cut the flower bouquet out of the Whisper White floral die-cut layer with the large floral die from the Window Box Thinlits Dies. See pictures for placement.
- Sponge the following ink colors onto the Whisper White sponging layer: Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight, Watermelon Wonder, and Mint Macaron Classic Stampin' Pads. Use Sponge Daubers to sponge the colors on. Eyeball the placement of the colors with the die-cut.
- Attach the sponge layer to the back of the floral die-cutout. Move the sponge layer around to where it looks best before attaching.
- Attach the DSP layer to the bottom of the Whisper White die-cut piece.
- Wrap the Flirty Flaming Ruched Ribbon around the top of the DSP, and attach the ribbon ends to the back of the Whisper White cardstock. It's okay if it covers up the bottom of the floral die-cut.
- Attach the floral die-cut/DSP layer to the middle of the Daffodil Delight base layer, and then attach it all to the Watermelon Wonder card base.
- Die-cut the flower pot out of the Crumb Cake piece using the scallop-bordered die from the Window Box Thinlits. Emboss the piece by running it through the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine with the Hexagons Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Attach the piece to the bottom of the flower bouquet using Stampin' Dimensionals (see pictures for placement).
- Stamp the "Thinking of You" stamp from the Window Shopping Stamp Set onto the center of the Whisper White banner piece using the Night of Navy Classic Stampin' Pad.
- Lay the banner end die onto one of the ends of the banner piece, and die-cut. Do the same with the other side. This die-cut not only makes the banner ends, it scores the cardstock.
- Fold the inner score lines back, and then fold the outer score lines forward. Attach the folded banner to the bottom of the card. Suggestion: Put a Mini Glue Dot inside each fold to keep it down.