• 1
    Card Ideas
    Need some card inspiration? Here are the cards I've made over the years.
    See My Cards
  • 2
    3-D Projects
    Want to make a 3-D Project? I've made treat bags, boxes, home decor, and more!
    See My 3-D Projects
  • 3
    My Videos
    Do you like video tutorials? I've got some, and I hope you enjoy them!
    See My Videos
Welcome!
Hi, my name is Christy Fulk, and I'm so glad you're here! I love sharing my papercraft creations with you, and teaching you how to be creative yourself! I hope I can teach you some new, fun stuff while you're here. We'll have a lot of fun!
Earn Free Stuff When You Order From Me!
Learn How

My Latest Stampin' Up! Cards

My Latest Blog Posts

October Paper Pumpkin Kit - Basic Alternative Ideas


Happy "Hump" Day! I finally got to make some cards using last month's super-popular Paper Pumpkin Kit, Pining for Plaid. I made one each of the cards as they were pictured in the kit, and made some subtle changes onto another set of them, and then made two non-shaker card versions.

I've been dying to make the actual cards, and make some alternatives, ever since I got the kit in the mail. I hope I'm not the only one that hasn't been able to use their kit yet, and that you can get some inspiration from my cards. I still  have supplies in the kit, and hope to make some more projects with them soon. I'll share them with you as soon as I do.

Tree Card Ideas - The Original is On the Left

Ornament Card Ideas - The Original is On the Left

As you can see, the only change I made on the middle cards was to add some Cherry Cobbler 1/4" Double-Stitched Ribbon. I then added some Gold 1/8" Ribbon, sequins, & Cherry Cobbler Cardstock to the cards on the right, and added a little extra stamping on the ornament one. The cards on the right are also not shaker cards.

Original Cards

Since there isn't much to explain on the following cards, I won't have the regular instructions I usually do. I will, however, give the dimensions of anything I added, and explain how to do the changes. The instructions for the "shaker" part of the cards are included in the kit.

Cherry Cobbler 1/4" Double-Stitched Ribbon Added

Tree Card:
  • Cherry Cobbler Double-Stitched Ribbon:  6" and 4" - The longer piece was wrapped around the bottom of the white layer, and the ribbon ends were attached to the back with tape. Then, the shorter one was tied onto the left of the attached ribbon with a single knot, and the ribbon ends were trimmed at an angle.
  • The only other change was that the greeting banner was put onto the top, right of the shaker window with the glue dots.
Ornament Card:
  • Cherry Cobbler Double-Stitched Ribbon:  4" - A single knot was tied into the center of the ribbon, and the ribbon ends were trimmed at an angle. Then, it was attached to the top of the ornament using one of the glue dots.
Non-Shaker Cards
Tree Card:
  • Cherry Cobbler Cardstock:  3-3/4 x 3-3/4" - The tree piece was attached to the center of the Cherry Cobbler Cardstock. Four iridescent sequins were attached onto the tree piece using a glue dot on each. Four gold star sequins were attached to the tree piece using glue (I used the Fine-Tip Glue Pen).
  • Gold 1/8" Ribbon:  5" and 4" - The longer piece of ribbon was wrapped around the bottom of the piece, and the ribbon ends were attached to the back of the Cherry Cobbler piece with tape. The shorter piece was tied onto the left side of the attached ribbon with a single knot.
  • One of the extra foam adhesive strips in the kit was cut into four pieces, and each one was put onto the back of each corner of the Cherry Cobbler piece. Then, the piece was attached to the top, center of the card base.
  • The greeting banner was attached to the bottom, center of the card base with two glue dots.
Ornament Card:
  • Remove the circle cut-out from one of the tree branch pieces. Set-aside. Attach the tree-branch piece to the center of the card base.
  • Cherry Cobbler Cardstock:  3" x 3" - The Cherry Cobbler Cardstock was die-cut with the second, largest scallop die from the Layering Circles Framelits Dies.
  • One of the larger greeting stamps from the stamp set in the kit was stamped onto the center of the white circle that was set aside using the Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Spot in the kit. The design stamp was stamped onto the bottom of the greeting using an Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pad. Then, the larger snowflake stamp was stamped three times, and the smaller snowflake stamp was stamped two times around the greeting using a Pool Party Classic Stampin' Pad. Then, it was attached to the center of the Cherry Cobbler scalloped circle.
  • One of the extra foam adhesive strips in the kit was cut into three pieces. The pieces were then put onto the back of the scallop circle, and then it was attached to the tree branch piece, covering the circle opening.
  • Gold 1/8" Ribbon:  8" - Tie the ribbon into a bow, and trim the ribbon ends at an angle. Attach the bow to the ornament string on the tree branch piece using a glue dot.
  • Attach three iridescent sequins to the branches using glue dots.

The supply list below includes the supplies that were used that don't come in the kit.




*******************************

Get a pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels FREE with a qualifying online order in November from me! Offer ends November 30, 2017. Click on the picture to find out how you can get it!
Click the Picture To Find Out About These Wonderful, Artist-Quality, Alcohol-Based Markers!