• 1
    Card Ideas
    Need some card inspiration? Here are the cards I've made over the years.
    See My Cards
  • 2
    3-D Projects
    Want to make a 3-D Project? I've made treat bags, boxes, home decor, and more!
    See My 3-D Projects
  • 3
    My Videos
    Do you like video tutorials? I've got some, and I hope you enjoy them!
    See My Videos
Welcome!
Hi, my name is Christy Fulk, and I'm so glad you're here! I love sharing my papercraft creations with you, and teaching you how to be creative yourself! I hope I can teach you some new, fun stuff while you're here. We'll have a lot of fun!
Earn Free Stuff When You Order From Me!
Learn How

My Latest Stampin' Up! Cards

My Latest Blog Posts

Remember When...

I took a little time on Labor Day to scrapbook. It's been way too long since I've scrapbooked. I really enjoyed it. I've been working on a scrapbook for my husband for almost 3 years now. With moving into our house last year and other things coming up, it kept getting put on the back burner. I'm happy to say that I only have two more 2 page layouts to make, and it will be finished! I got most of it completed before my husband even knew I was making it. That's another reason it took so long. I could only work on it when he wasn't around, and that was very hard at our old house. My stamping was done on the dining room table, right out in the open. I did finally let him see it a little over a year ago, and he really loved it. I can't wait until I can give it to him completed!


I finally got to use my Distressing Essentials Kit (p. 195) on these pages. After stamping the flowers, swirls, hummingbird, and title, I tore around the stamped images and sponged the torn edges with Concord Crush ink. I then wrinkled them by wadding them up, and then opening them up again. I then rubbed the Tea Stain ink on with the flat rubber stamp in the kit. I then sanded them with the sanding block. I really liked how this distressed the images. It goes well with the pictures of my husband's mom, grandmother, great- grandmother, and other relatives.

The Basic Gray 12" x 12" card stock is textured, but I also wanted to add more to it to make it more vintage-like. I used the Mostly Vintage Decor Stencil (p. 224) to get the effect I wanted. I laid the stencil down and inked it up with Basic Gray Classic ink with a sponge dauber. I kept doing this until I had the card stock covered. A quick and inexpensive way to make your own designer-looking paper. If you would like to see a bigger version of any of the pictures, just click on them.

I almost forgot about the top layers of paper. Do you see the border of the paper? I got this effect using the Top Note die. I folded the paper accordion style every 4 inches. That gave me 3 sections of paper (the paper is 12" wide). When still folded, the 4" sections fit inside the long side of the Top Note. With the folds inside of the die's two short sides' blades keeps the paper in one piece. So, I was only cutting the bottom long side of the paper. After running it through the Big Shot, I unfolded the paper and had the wonderful border. I did it again on another piece of paper, and layered it. I'll definitely be using this technique again!

Stamps: Elements of Style & Word Play

Ink: Concord Crush, Pretty In Pink, Basic Gray, Daffodil Delight, & Pear Pizzazz Classic ink pads

Paper: Basic Gray textured card stock, Very Vanilla & Concord Crush card stock; Lap of Luxury DSP

Accessories: Distressing Essentials Kit, Victoria 5/8" Crochet Trim, Pretty In Pink 5/8" Satin Ribbon, Vintage Trinkets, Decorative Label XL Punch (Mini), Antique Brads, Basic Rhinestones Jewels, 2-3/8" Scallop Circle XL Punch, 2-1/2" Circle XL Punch (Mini), Big Shot Die-Cut Machine, SU! Top Note Bigz Die, Mostly Vintage Decor Stencil, Stamping Sponges, & Sponge Daubers

Comments

  1. Beautifully done.Your husband is going to just love what you did here. Just think of the memories you are doing for him.Great job.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment