• 1
    Card Ideas
    Need some card inspiration? Here are the cards I've made over the years.
    See My Cards
  • 2
    3-D Projects
    Want to make a 3-D Project? I've made treat bags, boxes, home decor, and more!
    See My 3-D Projects
  • 3
    My Videos
    Do you like video tutorials? I've got some, and I hope you enjoy them!
    See My Videos
Welcome!
Hi, my name is Christy Fulk, and I'm so glad you're here! I love sharing my papercraft creations with you, and teaching you how to be creative yourself! I hope I can teach you some new, fun stuff while you're here. We'll have a lot of fun!
Earn Free Stuff When You Order From Me!
Learn How

My Latest Stampin' Up! Cards

My Latest Blog Posts

Wood Words Thank You Card


Happy Wednesday, everyone! Today I want to share the card that will be made at my New Catalog Debut Open House the first weekend in June. I used the new stamp set, Wood Words. I love the country feel of this stamp set, and it coordinates so well with the new Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack. I also used the new 2017-2019 In Colors, Fresh Fig and Tranquil Tide. I also used the beautiful, new Copper 1/4" Trim.


Dimensions:
  • Fresh Fig: 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" (card base)
  • Very Vanilla: 5-1/8" x 3-7/8" (base layer) and 5" x 1-1/2" (die-cuts)
  • Crumb Cake: 5" x 3-3/4" (framed layer)
  • Wood Textures Designer Series Paper (DSP) Stack: 5" x 1-1/2" (wood layer)
  • Fresh Fig 1/2" Finely Woven Ribbon: (2) 1-1/2"
  • Copper 1/4" Trim: (2) 1-1/2"

Instructions:
  1. Fold the Fresh Fig card base in half. Attach the Wood Textures DSP along the bottom of the Crumb Cake layer. Die-cut an oval out of the center of this piece using the second largest oval die from the Layering Ovals Framelits Dies.
  2. Lay the oval frame piece onto the center of the Very Vanilla base piece. Trace around the center of the oval opening, onto the Very Vanilla layer, lightly using a pencil. Remove the oval frame piece.
  3. Brush the Embossing Buddy across the Very Vanilla layer to remove any moisture. Stamp the floral stamp from the Wood Words Stamp Set onto the Very Vanilla layer, within the traced oval, using the VersaMark Pad. Heat emboss the image with Copper Stampin' Emboss Powder (pour emboss powder over image, tap off excess powder, heat the powder, until melted & shiny, with the Heat Tool). Erase the pencil marks. Color the outline flowers in with the Fresh Fig marker from the 2017-2019 In Color Stampin' Write Markers. Color in the outline leaves with the Tranquil Tide marker from the same set. Attach the piece to the center of the card base front with SNAIL Adhesive.
  4. Wrap one of the Fresh Fig ribbon pieces around the left side of the oval frame, just above the DSP, and attach the ribbon ends to the back of the Crumb Cake cardstock. Wrap one of the Copper trim pieces around the center of the Fresh Fig ribbon, attaching the trim ends to the back of the Crumb Cake piece. Repeat this step again to do the right side of the frame. Attach the whole thing to the center of the Very Vanilla layer on the card using Stampin' Dimensionals. Make sure to put four Stampin' Dimensionals around the oval frame, as well as the corners of the piece.
  5. Stamp the rooster stamp onto the Very Vanilla die-cuts piece using the Fresh Fig Classic Stampin' Pad. Die-cut it out with the rooster die from the Wood Crate Framelits Dies. Stamp the "thank you" stamp onto the same piece using the Tranquil Tide Classic Stampin' Pad. Die-cut the words out with the tag die from the same die set. Stamp the circle stamp onto the same piece using the Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad. Punch the circle out with the 1" Circle Punch.
  6. Attach the circle and tag to the bottom, right of the oval frame. Attach the rooster to the right of them, using a Stampin' Dimensional (see picture for placement).

The Wood Words Stamp Set and Wood Crate Framelits can be bought as a bundle at 10% off, when the new annual catalog comes out on June 1. I'll get a link to it added once the catalog goes live.